New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New:owner of 06 ss

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
its 600ft above sea level. only gives you a tenth or so back. must have been humid and hot. i never really though about a price. idk maybe like a hundred or so a wheel plus shipping. they go for like 2 each on ebay new. mine only have 15000 on them.

LoL y do u think i got the t-stat. Those run's were in the mid to late summer which it gets about 100+ degrees every day for like 30-50 days in the summer including some time's in the autumn such as today. Which was at 92 degrees the high and 78F the low n that's right now close to midnight.

With the t-stat i lowered my motor temp. from about 330ish down to 180-220,250 after a long time or after many runs. It wasnt even that pricy at all N i got a short ram intake from e-bay that works great and come's with a cf intake pipe for only 39.99. And im thinkn of switching that non-name brand filte,that comes with the short ram intake n gettn a k & n filter .

N i'm bout to order that pioneer touch screen deck online as well so i can get it installed n hook up my two 12" subs n i need to find an amp. N ill b done with interior besides gettn the SS logo emblem on my headrest in that butterscoutch color

I am kinda intresting in gettn the stock rims but again are they 18' inch rim's? Cuz i'm going to try to sell my 4 19" chrome rim's once i take them off the Monte this coming week. But i think im only going to b able to get about 400-600 hopefully mayb even 700. For them but i'm not sure i got a lil curb check on one side and another lil one on the right side,both in the front. Not n e thing huge.

If i can get those sold i wouldnt mind takn the stock one's but if they are 18' then im going to need to get sum tires cuz my tires are 2135/50R18 97W n i don't believe those will fit on a 18' rim. So if they are 18' i would want them with tires as well n c wat u can do cuz im going to pay shipping, which is pricy,cuz i juz order 19' rim's n it was about 78 dollars shipping from Nevada.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:08 AM

You should work on that 14.9 time, you'll be losing to the Supercharged V6 Monte Carlos there. And your engine temperature reached 330 degrees?!!? Either you read it wrong, the new engines can handle more heat, or it was definitely overheating. 200 degrees is the what the stock T-stat allows, as far as I know. And a short ram intake will hurt your car's performance, because it draws in that hot air from the engine bay. Just think, if your car's engine is running at 200 it's heating all the air in there to 200, so the air you engine uses for compression is 200 degrees! A CAI (cold air intake) can cool the air, and as we all know cooler air is more dense, there's more of it, and the more air there is the more power you have. Look into a CAI, they're more expensive, but work much better.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:26 AM

the factory wheels are 18x7s polished. one wheel has one scratch in the clear coat its not a big gouge or anything. when the a-holes were swapping the old tires to my new wheels they scratched it. if your tires are 235/50/18s theyll fit the rims. i dont have the center caps cause im running them on my new wheels. the temps def hurt your times. the fastest stock time ive seen for the ls4 monte was 13.5 in cold weather with the headlight out. you should post some pics of your intake set up. these cars have high intake air temps with that exhaust crossover sitting right under it. you might want to wrap the crossover to try and help that out. and the headrests you can get at the dealer but its pricey my gf bought them for me but she paid 216.for them. id give you the part number but the one i have is for the black ones.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mex24x

Thanks!!! Never seen a RS 06 before. Wat is the difference between your's and the other V6?
Its a custom decal kits the I bought through Chevy, and the dealer installed. Its technically an LT...Its supposed to give you the look like the SS badges, but does not make it a fake, wanna be SS.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Nice lookin' wheels. I like the deep dish. They're kind of tuner-ish, but I like 'em.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Quatermain N/A SS
You should work on that 14.9 time, you'll be losing to the Supercharged V6 Monte Carlos there. And your engine temperature reached 330 degrees?!!? Either you read it wrong, the new engines can handle more heat, or it was definitely overheating. 200 degrees is the what the stock T-stat allows, as far as I know. And a short ram intake will hurt your car's performance, because it draws in that hot air from the engine bay. Just think, if your car's engine is running at 200 it's heating all the air in there to 200, so the air you engine uses for compression is 200 degrees! A CAI (cold air intake) can cool the air, and as we all know cooler air is more dense, there's more of it, and the more air there is the more power you have. Look into a CAI, they're more expensive, but work much better.
Ya i am trying to work on the 14.9 but u gotta member that was @ close to 100 degree's @ night. I drove the car to the track which is about 20 miles away and ran a couple run's. With the temputare outside and the amount of heat the motor give's out it gets HOT under the hood. I'm kno how to read the temp. It wasn't over heating but after the 3rd n 4th i had to let it sit out for a good 30-40 minute in the 90-100 degree weather. It was fine but EXTREMELY HOT. I am currently putting the t-stat in with my rim's,intake and mayb performance rotor's and performance brakes. That's wat a friend had told me with a chevy truck that it would run bout 200-220ish. But if 200 is the stock temp. then im pretty sure it well b way different lol

Im not a big fan of the CAI even when i owned a honda civic si because i would here of people here in town and sum i knew that would go thru puddle's n sum where kinda deep. Due to the fact that when it rains here such as today it POURS and then it stops raining for a while n is extremely hot or humid so i'm kinda scarred of water getting into the intake. Even though i kno there is a splash guard. Still might get it n juz switch to short ram when it's raining since i already got a short ram. Get a CAI for the time's it's hot such as possibly tomorrow lol

the factory wheels are 18x7s polished. one wheel has one scratch in the clear coat its not a big gouge or anything. when the a-holes were swapping the old tires to my new wheels they scratched it. if your tires are 235/50/18s theyll fit the rims. i dont have the center caps cause im running them on my new wheels. the temps def hurt your times. the fastest stock time ive seen for the ls4 monte was 13.5 in cold weather with the headlight out. you should post some pics of your intake set up. these cars have high intake air temps with that exhaust crossover sitting right under it. you might want to wrap the crossover to try and help that out. andL the headrests you can get at the dealer but its pricey my gf bought them for me but she paid 216.for them. id give you the part number but the one i have is for the black ones.
Do u have a pic by n e chance of the lil scratch that u say the a-hole's lol did when they changed ur tire??? Ya i couldnt take my headlight out at the track cuz i was not expecting too with a stock intake. N wat exactly are u sayn bout the exhaust crossover sitting right under it??? Can u explain in better detail lol im not sure wat ur talkn bout.

Someone else on here already told me where i could find sum SS headrest's from the 06 Impala SS but it might b cheaper than 216 each but i just have to wait intill i catch them when they "restock". N ya i wish i had black interior the butterscoutch is aight but the black is easier to clean cuz my gets dirt quick n i use that oil with a rag to clean the seats once a week.

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Its a custom decal kits the I bought through Chevy, and the dealer installed. Its technically an LT...Its supposed to give you the look like the SS badges, but does not make it a fake, wanna be SS.
LoL @ "...but does not make it a fake,wanna be SS."
I like it,looks better than wat the LT emblems look like

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
Nice lookin' wheels. I like the deep dish. They're kind of tuner-ish, but I like 'em.
Well i really couldn't find n e around town i liked,cuz most had chrome, or from other friends of mine. Do to the fact that for one our lug pattern is a bit different from most.
5x115

Also because most of my friend's that i have known for years mostly drive imports such as STi,EVOLUTION,SUPRA Twin Turbo,RX-7 from many different years and many other performance import vechiles.

I do have some friend's that own domestics such as...
Chevy Silverado on 22's with a lot of mods,full cap back exhaust,etc.
Coverette C6 Super Charged
SVT Lighting F150 and others.
But no Monte', so a friend me,who was building a vette c4 v10 s/c that should run 7s,bout the site where i bought my rims.

N i use to own a 99 honda civic si lol so the rim's are to my liking such as "tuner-ish" but not too "uner-sh". N i needed to get of those heavy *** chrome rims that around bout 40-50 lbs each...off my car.

Last edited by Mex24x; 10-02-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mex24x

LoL @ "...but does not make it a fake,wanna be SS."
I like it,looks better than wat the LT emblems look like

Thanks! Yea, definitely makes it a rare car to see. In fact i've never actually saw one around. Only other person I know of with the RS kit is member Drewski...

Old 10-02-2009, 08:58 PM

ok here you go. this is a pic of the wheel thats scratched. the other specks are just dust from being boxed in my basement for a year and a half. for the life of me i remember it being bigger but i might be confusing it with the wheels that are on there now. they actually look really good and im having thoughts of keeping them now. i always wanted to strip the clear off and see if i could actually polish them. for some reason they never are as shiney as the gxp wheels. ill also attach a pic of a crossover that is already wrapped. hoped this was of some help.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Thanks! Yea, definitely makes it a rare car to see. In fact i've never actually saw one around. Only other person I know of with the RS kit is member Drewski...
LoL,your car was the 1st one i had EVER SEEN n DIDN'T EVEN KNO u could do that
!!!GREAT JOB!!!

All u need now is either a V8 (LS series) motor
Or u could get a supercharger

ok here you go. this is a pic of the wheel thats scratched. the other specks are just dust from being boxed in my basement for a year and a half. for the life of me i remember it being bigger but i might be confusing it with the wheels that are on there now. they actually look really good and im having thoughts of keeping them now. i always wanted to strip the clear off and see if i could actually polish them. for some reason they never are as shiney as the gxp wheels. ill also attach a pic of a crossover that is already wrapped. hoped this was of some help.

If that is the only scratch on that one single rim then that is not a problem at all. But u sayd u are using the center caps or watever they are called from the stock rim's,as shown in the pix?

My uncle here in town own's a body shop n can fix rim's too n a lot of other things as well. That have to deal with cosmetics of all type's of make and model vechile's. From domestic to import to Euro....pretty much every type of car.

I'll keep u updated on the status of gettin those rim's cuz i kinda need that center cap n u sayd i still gotta pay shipping. So that's goin b about $400 for the rim's and around $60-$70,easly for shipping,bout $470-$500 max total. Just depending on where u live cuz i live in (Southern Texas) San Antonio,TX to be exact.

N i see the intake filter covered around wat seem's to be a plastic or sum other type of matterial,right below a strut. Are u talkn bout that intake part or that pretty thick black looking wire thing????
Confused

1st Monte Carlo (SS) EVER OWNED....NEWBIE @ Monte Carlo's

Last edited by Mex24x; 10-03-2009 at 01:44 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:21 PM

yeah thats the only scratch i have a pic of all the wheels but they all look the same in the box. the centers you could get from gm they are the same on the gp just need the polished one. ok on the whole intake thing i dont know what kinda set up you have but the crossover pipe i have circled in this pic. it generates an insane amount of heat and negatively effects your air intake temps. you could wrap it to help that out. the one in the pic is wrapped.

Quick Reply: New:owner of 06 ss