New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New Monte Owner. Hi every body.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 07:26 AM
Post New Monte Owner. Hi every body.

Hi every one. The forum said to post a new message so hi. I have a canary yellow 2002 Monte Carlo SS. Some interesting things about the car is that I am the 11th owner on it yet it has just under 50,000 miles on it. My dad found it and told me about it and hooked me up.

The interior is black leather in perfect condition. That's good because it will clean up easier as I have two kids. The back seat area has tons of room for them and their stuff so its great.

It came with an excellent stereo. Touch screen pioneer DVD player. 3 Audio Pipe 1000 watt 12" subs in sealed enclosure being pushed by a Audio Pipe 1500 watt max amp with 200 watt RMS. My fiancé said she didn't like the subs because that left no room in the trunk to haul anything. My only concern was that I couldn't get to the spare tire and jack. I found a smaller box and matched the interior spacing to the 1.24 cubed required space to push two of the 12s. Now there is plenty of room and still sounds great. When I pulled the old box I found the spare and jack in new condition with the jack still wrapped in plastic.

The rear flat spoiler was in bad condition so I pulled it and learned that the trunk was not original as under spoiler was green. I didn't really like the look of the flat spoiler anyway so I filled the holes with JB weld and covered the area underneath with the metal circle punch outs from wall mount metal electrical outlet boxes. For the spoiler I went with, I liked one off of a 2004 Mustang GT. It fits perfect and is only about 3/8 an inch wider than the factory spoiler

The kid of the guy I bought it from had hit a concrete barrier at a gas station with the front right corner of the bumper and cracked it about 8 inches in along the bottom and 2 inches up. Some one tried to goop in black rubber that looked like melted tires dripped in but didn't hold. I dremeled that out. I then lined up the panels and took JB clear quick weld and drywall mesh tape and put the edge back together. That has been sanded smooth and primed.

Unfortunately the car has a salvage title as it was T-Boned 2 years ago in the driver side before I bought it 5 months ago. I had to replace both front bearings, driver side tie rod end, then rear passenger side upper, and rear driver side lower camber control arms. Then I had it aligned. It now drives like brand new.

I didn't like the front end being completely yellow so I painted the area around the air intake black along the bottom and where the nose curves in along the front bumper black.

On Monday morning, 11/13/2017, I drop the car off to have the spoiler, trunk lid, and front bumper painted to match the canary yellow. I'll add photos of that with next post.

Attached Thumbnails New Monte Owner. Hi every body.-20170827_195703.jpg   New Monte Owner. Hi every body.-20170827_195646.jpg   New Monte Owner. Hi every body.-20170613_102208.jpg  
Old 11-11-2017, 11:54 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile Welcome to the MCF

Welcome to the MCF
Wow nice ride I have always liked the Yellow, I had a Daytona Yellow 1969 Chevelle SS396 brand knew back in the day.
I like the Blacked out grill area looks great, Carry that theme into the Ground effects and you have a unique ride.
I found some photo's of Yellow Monte's that have a few custom touches too

Attached Thumbnails New Monte Owner. Hi every body.-1883.jpg   New Monte Owner. Hi every body.-1971-chevrolet-monte-carlo-trunk-key-escutcheon-plate.jpg   New Monte Owner. Hi every body.-26240650003_large.jpg   New Monte Owner. Hi every body.-chevrolet-monte-carlo-2000-2005-dash-kits.jpg   New Monte Owner. Hi every body.-chevrolet-monte-carlo-2000-2005-yellow-dash-kits.jpg  

New Monte Owner. Hi every body.-dc3b3c6e9a34de4c6cdf7578c02e9f7d-black-interior-doors-chevy-cobalt.jpg   New Monte Owner. Hi every body.-monte_ramair2000_4big.jpg