New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New Monte owner..

Old 06-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Default New Monte owner..

Good day all.

After much headaches with my 04 Chevy Malibu, we elected to upgrade to a 2006 Impala LT. When we got there the Impala was sold out underneath us and I fell in love.. With the car I pick up on monday. A 2006 Chevy Monte Carlo LT In Lazer blue.. (I think)with sunroof, spoiler and all the trimmings! 3.5L engine as I want some fuel economy (I'm a family man). I look forward to being here.

Ill post links to pics, once the car arrives.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:25 AM
Default RE: New Monte owner..

Hyper, I'm glad that you went with the Monte Carlo. I don't know how old your kids are, but you'll enjoy the easily accessed child seatmounts, and the abundance of back seat room with the Monte. I have driven some 4 doors ,and I can tell you, the monte has more rearleg room than some economy 4 doors!

I especially enjoy the abundance of trunk space. Even with a full 5 adult passengers, my subwoofer system, and my brothers wheel chair there is more then enough room (except for the TALLEST of rear seat passenger, ahem, Wiz... ) Plus some room for groceries or whatever you need to haul!

I hope your new Monte gives you many enjoyable miles to come! Oh, and here's a hint, if you do have kids, search them forcandy before they get in the back. Those nice seat-back storage pockets are handy, but tend to accumulate gunk like chewed gum, or half-eaten candy bars. (coming from experience, hence why I either search, or ban any child from entering my car)

Old 06-09-2007, 07:57 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congratulations on the new Monte.

Please post pictures of the car for us.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:17 PM

Sure thing guys, Ill post pics probably Tuesday. I pick up the car on Monday night at 6pm and will most likely spend the evening getting aquainted and reading the manuals for it and such.

Yes I have kids.My 5 year old girl, 3 year old boy, and my 14 year old sister-in law. Needless to say. No food in this car.. Or Candy or gum or whatever. I have a nearly white interior, and I hate stains.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

hey, welcome to the site, should be a great car for you the impala's are nice too but the monte is a lot sportier

Old 06-10-2007, 01:25 PM

Impalas dont seem to get the same respect as the Monte's do. You stop in in Imp, and people dont notice. Do it with a Monte, and people turn thier heads, allthough from what I can see they are one and the same. Also Imps dont seem to have a much of a group, like on this forum, and its mostly dedicated to the old imp and lowriders, which are still cool, but there isn't much for the newer ones.

Old 06-10-2007, 06:18 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey one word of advice about the Owner's Manuals they stuffed in '06/07 Montes, hope you're up for a full length novel. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Most Owner's Manuals were this thick... -> <-.
The Monte manual is THIS thick... -> <-.
[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 06-10-2007, 09:19 PM

Great move on getting the Monte.....
NO one takes a second look at a 4dr sprots car. Do they even make them? I know most company's claim that they 4dr sports cars, but if it has more then 2drs its not a sports car.

I still get a lot of looks ect's with my 06 Monte.......

Old 06-10-2007, 09:21 PM

Almost every where we go with the Monte we have someone that tells us we have a great a looking car. Even when it is dirty.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:07 AM

You bought the right car if you want the admiring looks. My 07 SS (supposedly the wife's car) attracts so much attention, she is actually a little nervous to leave it unattended somewhere. Almost every time she is out with it someone comes up to her and asks her about it, or if it would be OK if they took a good look at it.

Nothing attracts attention like a Monte. Impalas blend in to the surroundings, they look like any other 4 door sedan. The Monte definetely does not fall in this category.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Monte owner..