New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

new to the Monte Carlo Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Default RE: new to the Monte Carlo Forum

hey all that responded. Thanks for all of the tips. I have a v6. Not much i guess. I wont be getting anything done until summer. Tinting is going to be happening in the next couple of weeks, i have to make an appt. at cic performance. Does anyone have any good ideas about wheels or rims that would look good on my car. Im thinking i want black rims. Yes? No? let me know i need all the help i can get. Should i get an exhaust system? is it worth it?

thanks- megan

*im proud of myself because i know so much stuff about my car. usaully my dad or boyfriend tell me everything lmao.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: xo4everyours

hey all that responded. Thanks for all of the tips. I have a v6. Not much i guess. I wont be getting anything done until summer. Tinting is going to be happening in the next couple of weeks, i have to make an appt. at cic performance. Does anyone have any good ideas about wheels or rims that would look good on my car. Im thinking i want black rims. Yes? No? let me know i need all the help i can get. Should i get an exhaust system? is it worth it?

thanks- megan

*im proud of myself because i know so much stuff about my car. usaully my dad or boyfriend tell me everything lmao.
as for wheels, it's all in what you want. I am one that doesn't like black rims, but my taste is different than others. So it's really all up to you. I would suggest looking at what others have as well as looking at rim places. http://www.tirerack.comis just one of them.

I'll let you know about the exhaust in about a week or so. I have the GMPP cat back and I;m just waiting to find time to install it.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

there's a few guys on here that have black rims on their cars, just take a look through the galleries and you can see them

personally i like chrome more than black....but i do like the black chrome now...it looks really good ..

doing the custom exhaust work on these cars really helps pep it up a little..just search through the forums on the threads...there's a really long one going on right now about u bend and resonator...take a look through it...that will give you all the info you need

Old 03-19-2007, 10:07 AM

okay, im getting tinted windowson my car, probably i'll get 20%. I think the dark black tints look awesome on a hot red car driven by a hot girl! ( haha im kidding ) in thee Summer im going to get new wheels/tires. I'm looking at the site called www.tirerack.com and i really like
those, i think they would most likely look awesome on my car. i also want to get an exhaust done to it not sure what excatly i want as an exhaust, im thinking possibly flow masters. I'm also thinking about having a cold air intake filter put into it also. im not quit sure what excatly i want done. I think i'm getting to high for my britches. You never know!

If i take it to a track, i would most likely take it to Capital Raceway in Croften MD. I don't know if i would race it right away, but i think i would see how fast my car runs. My dads car runs 10 seconds in a 3/4 mile. I just want to see how fast mine goes also.

Are there any activitys that monte carlo owners go to?? just wondering

let me know what you think.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member

hot rims, hot car hot girl....hmmm....perfect combo
lol

what kind of car does your dad drive??

i'm sure those rims would look great on your car ...what size are you thinkin about doing??

Old 03-19-2007, 09:24 PM

my dad drives a 10 second pontiac gto.
as for my rims, im thinkin about 20's. they might be to big though.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member

nah...20's aren't too big...they sit on the car nicely....there's a few guys on here with 20's....2000blackss has 20" black rims on his monte

sounds like your dad has a pretty awesome gto ...especially if its 10 sec in the quarter mile...does he have lots of mods done to it??

Old 03-20-2007, 08:29 PM

yeah, he has a little bit of something. he has 576 horsepower. Supercharger..and some other stuff i dont know. lol

nice talking to you all.

i have good news. im getting my tinted windows done next tuesday, and this guy my dad knows is selling some chrome rims w/ the tires for like 500 for all 4. Im deffiently thinking about them. My dad says they r freakin awesome lookin. I'm soon to get my cold air filter soon. i need to order it in the next couple of weeks. it will deffienly be installed by summer.

im excited

Old 03-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

do you know what rims he is selling?

Old 03-21-2007, 10:03 PM

xo4: Welcome to the Forum!

I'm a newbie myself, to the forum that is, not to Monte Carlos. I just recently traded in my 03 LS that I've had since 04, and moved up to a 2006 3LT as is made obvious by my signature.

For the rims, if you're going black, you'll want to go big, and some polished, chrome, or body color accents on the rim will do yourMontea world of good. Second is you'll have to go over the wheel well and make sure it's perfectly black, they tend to get a little grayish with age and a black rim will make them stand out like crazy.Painting the calipers red to make them stand out (performance look) or black so they blend in more so they're not so obvious behind the rims with their silver finish. Some people are turned off by the fact that your model has smaller brake discs in the rear, than the ones in the front. This will also be made more obvious by the larger, more open rims. But it's up to you, I'm sure you could go to a local shop and have them put your car on a lift, so you could see the difference in rims without having to actually install them.

First performance mod would be drop-in K&N if you want to wait to do the cold air intake. A drop in will pay for itself in two months with the better mileage, and will boost performance. I know this because I had a drop-in in my first 03 LS, and I now have one in my 06. I've seen a good 4 MPG boost highway with the drop-in alone! HP hard to say, but 4-6 would be a reasonable guess. The biggest restriction on the engine in your car is definately the exhaust. Like wiz kidd said be sure to check out the thread about ubend/resonator swaps. That is sure to do the car a world of good, both in performance and gas mileage. Do those swaps before you do the mufflers, or at least at the same time, because new mufflers might sound better, but the performance effect will be minimal when paired with the stock U-bend, Catalytic converter, and resonator.

Hope your Monte treats you well (and vice versa), and that you have many good miles together!

Quick Reply: new to the Monte Carlo Forum