New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New member from Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Don't change the supercharger pulley without a scanner.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy Commando
Welcome to the site. From my understanding...the 05 SS was supercharged. If you are doing intake, 180 stat, 104 plugs, headers, exhaust then might I add, adding a 3.4" pulley before you get it tuned? Just a suggestion.
It is supercharged. I'm debating the pulley as well, but I'm still under warranty till May. Granted by the time I get around to it and have the cash, doing the whole poor college student thing, it'll probably be next summer at the earliest. I need to read a little more on it as well, very inexperienced and ignorant concerning my sc except it makes me go faster

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
Heyy! Welcome to the forum! Get pics up asap =)
Will do. Hopefully will have some good weather this week, but in this area you never know.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Mk cool! Oh man it is supercharged? Sweetness! What color is it? && if you really want some kick with that supercharger then get an intercooler system eventually, I'm planning on getting one for mine but it's a pretty penny to get it all so I'm waiting for a bit lol

Old 09-02-2010, 10:39 PM

welcome to the site, a lot of good people and advice here..

Old 09-03-2010, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
Mk cool! Oh man it is supercharged? Sweetness! What color is it? && if you really want some kick with that supercharger then get an intercooler system eventually, I'm planning on getting one for mine but it's a pretty penny to get it all so I'm waiting for a bit lol
Intercooler would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the road for me. It's my daily driver so I'm not sure how far I want to take it, just performance upgrades so it runs better.

As for color it's the berry red that was only on (I think) the 04 and 05s, with the silver stripe along the bottom that comes with the SS's.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:57 PM

Welcome aboard.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by DuttonSS05
Intercooler would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the road for me. It's my daily driver so I'm not sure how far I want to take it, just performance upgrades so it runs better.

As for color it's the berry red that was only on (I think) the 04 and 05s, with the silver stripe along the bottom that comes with the SS's.
Yeahh I hear ya, mine's a daily driver too even though some people don't believe it lol Ohh gotcha so it probably looks like Richard's (nascar43) car

Old 09-04-2010, 09:30 PM

Yup, just like his.

Also to Taz or any other mods that read this: my account access is still limited. I attempted to PM Taz, but being my access is limited I can't do it. Would be greatly appreciated if one of you guys could fix that for me.

Old 09-05-2010, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by DuttonSS05
It is supercharged. I'm debating the pulley as well, but I'm still under warranty till May. Granted by the time I get around to it and have the cash, doing the whole poor college student thing, it'll probably be next summer at the earliest. I need to read a little more on it as well, very inexperienced and ignorant concerning my sc except it makes me go faster

Will do. Hopefully will have some good weather this week, but in this area you never know.

Your stock supercharger has a 3.8 inch pulley on it stock. So doing, intake, exhaust, 180 stat, 104 autolite plugs and a "canned tune" pcm should let you run a 3.4 inch pulley on your supercharger. (putting a smaller pulley on the supercharger spins the supercharger faster which moves more air aka more boost". But since you are getting your car tuned then that is why I suggested doing it before you get it tuned because if you do it after you will have to have it retuned. Also if you are running a "3.4 setup" (all of the mods I mentioned earlier) on a stock pcm you will have to baby the car. No wot (wide open throttle) and have to watch the boost gauge to make sure you dont go over 5 lbs on a stock pcm. If you keep going over that on a stock pcm you will have knock (running lean) and to much knock or running to lean will chip a piston. I hope this helps.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:02 PM

Hmmm that sounds like the next logical progression inbetween exhaust and getting it tuned. Thanks, that was helpful (and inspiring to go look up some more stuff).