New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New Member Signing in.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Default RE: New Member Signing in.

So last week I introduced myself as a soon to be new owner of an '03 SS, a fake Dale edition. I was supposed to pick it up Monday night. On Sunday morning I got a call from someone who wanted to look at the Suburban that I was trading in. I almost told him to forget it because I was trading it in, but he sounded sincere, so I said come on over. He ended up giving me $1500.00 more than the trade in price. I cancelled the trade, and the dealer gave me a whole $500.00 off sticker, which I was not happy about, so I decided to look around at private sales now that I did not need to trade in the gas guzzler. I found a 2003 Jeff Gordon limited edition SS (this time it was real) right in my town with every option, all the paperwork and in perfect condition for $3500.00 LESS than the fake Dale edition! It has 20,000 more miles, but its still less than 60K, and I have all of a 5 mile commute, so I won't bee racking up too many miles very quickly. I am picking it up Friday morning, and will post up some pictures as soon as I can.The car has been very well cared for, and the previous owner already did 3 of the things I was planning to do, Silverstar headlights and foglights, Mobil 1 oil and cross-drilled brake rotors and ceramic pads all around. I am very very excited. I can't wait for Friday!!!

John

Old 11-22-2007, 05:15 AM

Hi `John,
Sometimes in Life, things just go our way : )
I'm happy for you, and I'm looking forward to seeing
your Jeff Gordon Editon Monte Carlo.
They are hard to find, and are a limited production model.
Did you do a CarFax on it ?
It's great that the previous owner has already done
some super mod's.(a bonus: ).
Was it a one owner ? Does the owner have receipts/records ?
Happy Holidays, `Space

Old 11-23-2007, 11:27 AM

Hi Space,

The Carfax came back clean, he was the 2nd owner, and only had it around 2 years. Apparently he could not afford the payments, so had to sell. It was apparently traded in by the first owner at the same dealer he bought it from, and the 2nd owner also bought it there. It has the original invoice from GM, with all the correct information. It seems to have every option, incuding even the engine block heater. The spoiler decal is the only item not on the car, and that is in an envelope if I should decide to put it on.I'm ver pleased, BUT I can't register the car due to the DMV having today off as a holiday. Oh well, what can you do. I'll try to post some pics later today.

FWIW there is another Jeff Gordon edition currently posted on New Hampshires Craigs List, with only 9500 miles on it. I talked to the owner, he bought it new and has all documentation. He wants more than I was willing to spend, but it seems like a great car for someone. I just could not see myself driving something like that in winter without crying, and I don't need another car with my son in college. (I'm currently insuring 4 cars, mine, my wifes, my sons and my 75 Cutlass summer only toy).

John

Old 11-23-2007, 11:43 AM

Hi `John,
Thanks for the update. You are lucky to be one of the
few that have the Jeff Gordon Edition.
And it's great that it's listed on CarFax, and that it didn't contain
any bad information.
Sorry that the DMV is `off, today : (, but good things
are worth waiting for : ) If I was your son, I would
be try'in to steal `it from you or look'in 4 the extra key
Does he know that you got it ?
WoW, four cars to insure [X(]
Good Luck, and I wish you care free, happy miles
in your new awesome purchase.
We will be looking forward to your future posts, & Pic's.
Thanks `Space

Old 11-23-2007, 04:35 PM

Looking forward to seeing the pics of your Jeff Gordon Edition. I have a neighbor that bought a new Jeff Edition, and drove it from the dealership, to his garage, and that's it. Hes hoping it will be a collectors item in the years to come.

Good luck with your's

Old 11-25-2007, 07:02 PM

OK, I give up! I've tried everything I can think of to post pictures of my new SS, and I keep getting file too large errors. My photo software (HP Photosmart) will not allow me to resize the photo's. If anyone out there can figure out how to resize these, I can e-mail them to you.
Sometimes I hate computers.

John

Old 11-25-2007, 07:18 PM

i can try for yah...do u have a photobucket or nething? cuz u can resize them on there as well...otherwise email them to me

Old 11-25-2007, 07:49 PM

Hi Kweef,

I'll send them to you, what is your e-mail?

John

Old 11-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on the Jeff Gordon edition!

Very nice rare find! When you said you got all the paperwork, did that include a certificate of authenticity? If so, what number out of 2424 did you get?
Does it have the ghost flames on the hood also?

If you haven't already been in contact with kweef, you should be able to email him by clicking the email icon in the bottom left corner of one of his posts.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:39 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on the new ride! Sounds like an awesome deal!

Quick Reply: New Member Signing in.