New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New member in RI!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 11:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
Default New member in RI!

hi everyone,

i just found this forum and while i've never been big on forums or message boards, i can't help but to join this one. i have an 05 monte carlo SS, the tony stewart signature series. since it's 12:30 and i have to be up in just a few hours for work and have to resize all my photos to fit here (at least that is how it seems? correct me if i'm wrong!) i'll try to upload some tomorrow. i got it in july. i've never loved an inanimate object so much as this car!! it's comfortable, roomy, fast and so sexy!! i only know of one other one in my area, (maybe two - haven't figured out if the license plate is the same) and i always get heads turning when i drive by. i've never had a car like this before that makes people almost on a daily basis come up and talk to me about it and ask me about it. it's my dream car for sure. of course, i'm a huge tony stewart fan. (insert joke i haven't heard about either changing the paint/vinyl scheme to match tony's new team, or changing the decals to joey logano's signature, here. your choice )

sadly my baby got smashed a couple months ago, 3 days before christmas someone ran a stop sign and i hit him as i was going through the intersection. the road was covered in ice and snow so brakes did nothing. it was a grueling last 8 weeks but i finally got "Tony" back on Saturday (way to spend valentines day - yeah!!). my body shop guy is a good friend and fixed him up perfect, it looks just like new. there was this little scratch on the drivers door, real small maybe an inch and a half if that, that was there when i bought it (i actually talked the dealer down five hundred bucks because of it) that someone had "touched up" with black paint, which to me made it more noticeable. every time i got in the car it drove me nuts but i couldn't really afford to get it fixed. luckily they didn't have to replace the doors from the accident, but they did paint it so the scratch is gone and everything looks pretty much brand new. all i'm waiting for is the vinyl kit to come in. the front left fender was replaced and the little 2-inch section of vinyl is missing, as well as the white hood ornament, but at least i have him back!!! i can't call it a "her" lol anything with that much power's gotta be a MAN!! :-)

anyway glad to find somewhere that i can talk selflessly about my baby with other people who understand the passion i have for this car!! can't wait to "meet" you all. sorry to ramble so much, i could seriously go on for days about this car!! take care all and goodnight!!

Old 02-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Default RE: New member in RI!

hello jamie lynn and welcome to the mcf! and it really is not that late at all (well not on here as some of us are always lurking) sry to hear that ur baby got hurt but glad to hear she...sry he lol protected u! lookin foward to cin pics!

Old 02-18-2009, 11:55 PM

welcome. im glad to hear that your car got fixed the right way.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:54 AM

Hi Jamie Lyn, & Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family Forum.
You have one of only 1,020 Produced Tony Stewart Edition
Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS.
Check out the below link on Tony`s Monte Carlo
Look 4ward 2 seeing your pic`s & future post.
Wish you safe/happy miles in your Tony Edition.
from `Space
[:-]click below link - EnJoy -
[:-]

Old 02-19-2009, 09:40 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the site. I just bought an 05 Silver SS for 10k. I had my choice between that one or a Tony Stewart Edition, but opted for the Silver one because it was 3500k cheaper. The silver one had about 25k more miles but they were all highway miles and the interior was in excellent condition. Can’t wait to see pics of yours.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:47 AM

Wuts up chevy girl!! Welcome to the site, you'll find just about everything you need to know on your 6th gen on this forum.

Wait a minute....... afemale thats into her car, this world is normal after all lol.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Welcome!

Old 02-19-2009, 02:09 PM

Thanks everyone! I'll try to post some pics when I get home tonight. I'm still at work now. Steelmalu - I'm definitely into my car!! I've always been into cars since i was little. my dad was a racecar driver and has been a mechanic for *coughcough* years. oddly enough when my older brother and i were kids, it was me that was helping daddy fix the cars, with grease and gear oil all over my hands, face, and clothes. my brother was petrified of getting dirty!! role reversal for sure. so it's nice to have a car with great performance. i knew exactly what i was looking for when i bought it, i had had my eye on it for months before. i test-drove it for all of about 10 minutes before i made my final decision and bought it the next day.

i get all giddy when i see another monte driving down the street. just looking at it in my driveway (especially now after it being gone for 2 months!!) makes me smile. the only good thing about it being in the body shop for so long is it missed the 5 or so snowstorms we had in that timeframe, i would have had to wash it every day LOL! My insurance company probably hates me from having to go to the body shop so many times as they kept having new stuff to add to the list. he (dennis, the body shop guy) told me that when he told the adjuster how much the vinyl was he almost dropped his clipboard. somewhere around $360. which is funny because it only needs that one little piece on the fender, but of course they won't sell you two inches of it, you have to buy the whole kit. so i'll use the rest of it to decorate my house, what the hell. at least it will match the decor!!

so i have some questions, there are a couple of things i would like to add to the car, so i'll post those in the appropriate forum later on. thanks again to everyone for making me feel welcome!

Old 02-19-2009, 11:06 PM

so, i finally got my pics uploaded. it took me forever to figure out how to put one with my signature but i got it!! i'll have to take some more pics once the vinyl gets finished. please let me know what you think of the pic in my signature, i'm a photoshop amateur but i like doing small stuff like that. rock out!

Old 02-20-2009, 11:06 AM

Welcome to the forum!

The sig looks amazing. Do you have any future plans for the car?

Quick Reply: New member in RI!