New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New member here..from Merced California I need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 11:40 PM
Default New member here..from Merced California I need help

I have a 2005 Montecarlo 3.4 6 and I am having a difficult time putting my radiator in and attaching it to the condensor. Is there anyone that can give me pictures or schematics to help me put it in and the correct bolts to mount it correctly. I am a woman and I don't know much about cars and i am single and don't have the money to pay a mechanic and I am installing it myself. I replaced the thermostat and removed the radiator but just can't seem to remember how it came out. I have all the bolts and parts. Please help...I am sorry please be patient with me.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by thisgirlneedshelp
I have a 2005 Montecarlo 3.4 6 and I am having a difficult time putting my radiator in and attaching it to the condensor. Is there anyone that can give me pictures or schematics to help me put it in and the correct bolts to mount it correctly. I am a woman and I don't know much about cars and i am single and don't have the money to pay a mechanic and I am installing it myself. I replaced the thermostat and removed the radiator but just can't seem to remember how it came out. I have all the bolts and parts. Please help...I am sorry please be patient with me.

Wow this is something that I don't want to tackle.
You sure you took the Radiator out?
I think the Thermostat is in the Water pump area on this car. When in doubt on these repairs always consult the youtube videos they are life savers I am attaching a link this one is pretty good. Looks like a lot of work. Thermostat you be an Hour job maybe two depending on how many Beers it takes to keep you cool
I will give you credit for trying to tackle the repairs on your own, very commendable.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:04 PM
Default That's the utube video I watched

I am sure I got the thermostat in correctly. I forgot how the radiator mounted on the condensor. I can't seem to get it in place. It's taken me a lot longer than one hour btw since I have been taking my time not knowing what I'm doing. I think I'm almost done just need to figure the correcting mounting to the condensor.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:13 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Well check the video link to youtube I attached that should be of some assistance.
You can access more information on this subject in youtube as well.
One thing you may want to do for future repairs is try and find service manuals for the Car. They are real helpful.
ebay is a source.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Well check the video link to youtube I attached that should be of some assistance.
You can access more information on this subject in youtube as well.
One thing you may want to do for future repairs is try and find service manuals for the Car. They are real helpful.
ebay is a source.
thankyou...

Old 06-21-2017, 09:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey there.

Don't feel bad, these radiators are a challenge for anybody just because of the lack of clearance literally everywhere you need to disconnect anything. One hour is a joke. I've replace three of them, all in different gen. 6 Monte's and it didn't get much easier each time. Six hours would be more realistic. It sounds like the challenge your facing is getting the upper two bolts attached that are just a bit more than half way up the sides of the radiator which the two bolts pass through the cooling fan housing too. The problem is, you can't even see the holes when the radiator and cooling fans are in position. You have to do everything by feel. As I recall there is a small bracket like piece the radiator has to align with at these points. With the radiator out, look closely where the holes are, then look into the front compartment where the holes are for the bolts to go into and I bet a light bulb will go off in your head. One thing I learned is it seems to be easier to separate and remove the cooling fan housing before you take out the actual radiator, and reinstall it separately too. The bolts need to be started and tightened from below. There is no direct connection to the condensor. Be careful not to damage it when your positioning the new radiator.
I'm posting this video just because it shows those bolt holes as the guy is pulling out the radiator.

Hope this helps, let us know if you're still having trouble and/or how it turned out when you finish. Yes you can!