New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 11:08 PM
Default RE: adding pictures

ORIGINAL: Revitupfaster

I tried to upload a picture of my 2004 Monte last night. I clicked the "Upload" tab in this message box, foud the picture I wanted in the "My Pictures" file on my computer and clicked OK. The upload box said it could take a while for slow internet connections, which is me, can only get dial-up in my area, but nevertheless, eventually the upload box went to the "Website not available" screen, and that was it. Couldn't send the picture.

Can someone walk me through how you do it. Also, is there anywhere that explains the usage of the control buttons on the message screen. I fooled around with them but don't really know how to use them. I assume the B,I,U, boxes mean bold,italic,and underline, but when you click on the button, it adds an indicator to your text but the text doesn't change. I don't know, maybe the text will change when posted.
Rev, when you click the B I and U buttons on the message board, it adds a "tag" to your text, anything in between this tag will be Bolded, Underlined or Italicized depending on which button you clicked....the text will not change while you are typing, but will be affected when posted....to see what your post will look like, click the "Preview" button below the text box. All the other buttons work the same way. When you click the "qoute" button you will see a "quote" and "/quote" tag added to your text, anything in between these tags will be placed in a quote box just like the one above. If you hit quote original, the text from the message to which you are replying will be automatically copied and posted between "quote" tags. All the tags work the same way except "Color" and "Link"...if you click on those buttons you will understand...they are very self explanitory. I hope this helps some and I look forward to some more of your posts.

Old 11-28-2006, 12:06 AM
Default RE: Message controls

Thanks SoCalSS. Helps when you have some idea what you're doing

Old 11-28-2006, 01:18 AM
Default RE: New Member

Welcome RevItUpFaster, to the nicest place this side of the moon. I hope you will enjoy your stay.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: New Member

yah i'm not 100% sure i am changing the wheels, it was just an idea, everybody tells me to keep the wheels that are on it, but i've never had wheels smaller than 20's on any of my vehicles, but i am happy with the ones that are on there, maybe just different tires

Old 12-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Default RE: Posting Pictures

Can anyone walk me through the steps to post a picture. I see some posted directly into the posts themselves and then of course, the photo album section. I tried a couple of times and no luck. Be gentle now, I need step by step,(or should I say Click by Click) instructions. You're not dealing with any computer guru here. I unfortunately am on a dial-up connection which does'nt help matters.

Would really appreciate the help, I want to post some pics of my ride. Especially my new 07 when it gets here.

Old 12-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Default RE: Member Star ratings????

What do the "Stars" beside the members names relate to??

Old 12-07-2006, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member

What do the "Stars" beside the members names relate to??

i think its how many posts you have

Old 12-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Default RE: Post Pics

Hey wizz - how did you get the picture of your Monte to show every time you post???

Old 12-07-2006, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
Default RE: Post Pics

Hey wizz - how did you get the picture of your Monte to show every time you post???

you just put [IMG]file name here(if you have an internet site with the pic on it, get it from there...photobucket is easiest) [/IMG]

in your signature spot in your profile set up

i would set up yourself a photobucket account @ www.photobucket.com thats simplest, then you can just copy the names of the pics off of there

Old 12-07-2006, 06:07 PM

Yup. The more posts you place, the higher your rank, the more stars you get. Also, on the note of text modifiers: one shortcut is to just type straight through and hilight the text you want to be modified, then you click the modifier and the attributes will attach to the selected text.

Quick Reply: New Member