New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New to MCF, ALways looking for good advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 06:27 AM
Default New to MCF, ALways looking for good advice

Looking to beef up my 02 Intimidator??? I just installed the K&N intake. Noticed a pretty good difference. Well worth it. Now am looking at a JET power module that I bought and I am thinking about not putting it in. Has anyone got anything to add about this. Is it worth putting in? Has anyone out there tried it and what do you think. Next after thatI want to move onto the exhaust. I am thinking of a dynomax superturbo complete kit. Well that is what I have going on right now. Just wanted to say hi to all my fellow monte owners out there and just wanted to see what all of you had to say. Any other tips of advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Default RE: New to MCF, ALways looking for good advice

Hi Sippy80, & Welcome to the MCF,
Use the MCF Search Engines to explore the subjects that you are interested in : )
I think it would help if we knew your name, & where you are from, but
you can also remain a mystery to the members.
I've just found that people seem more willing to assist others, when they
atleast know their name.
EnJoy the MCF, & your 2002 Monte Carlo Intimidator : )
`Space

Old 09-15-2007, 09:01 PM

Jet power module? never heard of it.. Got a link?

Old 09-18-2007, 11:39 AM

Sorry everyone, My name is Jake. I am currently living in Germany serving in the US Air Force. And yes I have my Intimidator here. It really catches the locals eyes here. Lots of people show interest. The JET power mod that I bought is from Summitracing.com. The part number is JET-68003. Plese keep the advicecoming and let me know if anyone out there has used this JET power mod plus anythingelse to helpsup up the Monte. Thanks again for the welcome.

Jake

Old 09-18-2007, 11:49 AM

Hi `Jake, & Welcome to the MCF,
[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
The MCF respects, & honor's all our service personnel.
It's great that you have your Monte Carlo SS with you : )
Be patience, & I'm sure a member will post infor on the Jet power mod, or what they are using. Some member's only visit the forum a few times a week.
Post some pictures of your Monte Carlo Intimidator : )
How long will you be in Germany ? Do you like it there ?
Our MCF Moderator `Mickey, just returned from Germany, I'm sure
that he will be contacting you : ).
Thanks for your service oversea's, and we look forward to your
future post. Where are you from in the states ?
Wish you a safe return.
EnJoy your Monte Carlo SS,
`Space

Old 09-18-2007, 06:02 PM

dunno if the 3.8 has the u bend in front of the cat? if it does get the delete pipe that should help quite a bit i know a few people with the 3.4 like me and have deleted the u-bend i am looking into this as well as removing the resonator

Old 09-18-2007, 09:17 PM

I wouldn't know why that module is anything to worry about... For one, there's no complicated setup, so obviously they folowed general-use guidelines to enhance the engines.. There not any permenant effect, other than one wire being spliced into which is simple enough to hide.

I mean... I would contact the manufacturer with any specific worries, but it seems ok to me...

Old 09-18-2007, 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: NTIMD8T

dunno if the 3.8 has the u bend in front of the cat? if it does get the delete pipe that should help quite a bit i know a few people with the 3.4 like me and have deleted the u-bend i am looking into this as well as removing the resonator
The u-bend delete should be the first thing you do IMO. jsut get a 2.5inch downpipe from ZZP http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...&catid=110
This was the best thing i did for my car

also another thing that is small but i think a good idea is get a colder t-stat, stock the car comes with a 195 you can get a 180 from any auto parts store for 10 bucks

Old 09-21-2007, 07:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome Jake to the Monte Carlo Forum. A SPECIAL welcome to one of our Air Force members. What do you do for the Air Force? I'm hoping you can post a special pic of you and your '02 Intimidator in an interesting German location, something unusual and different.
Where ya from?
Wayne
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2319272

Old 10-05-2007, 01:36 PM

Thanks for all of your responses. I appreciate all of you guys support. I will try and answer some of your questions. I do not have pictures of my car yet because my camer is a piece but soon I promise. I have lived in Germany for almost three years now, been deploy a number of times and overall like Germany. I am a Electrical Systems Craftsman. Which means I work on anything with electricity. And I mean anything. It can be a real lot sometimes. Hence the reason why I deploy so much. Germany has been good for me. I am originally from Wisconsin in the states. Thanks again for all your responses. Some more questions for you smart guys out there. I installed the K&N intake and now there is a really nociable whistle from the volume of air going through the intake. Can I install a new valve and would that help and also improve performance?

Quick Reply: New to MCF, ALways looking for good advice