New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New guy from Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 10:57 AM
1 Year Member

Here's my dad's car.

Back in 2010 when I was looking for a car I wanted to get a Monte Carlo SS but they were all just out of my price range. One day my dad came home and said he drove past a car on the way home from work that was for sale and he stopped and looked at it. It was a 2002 Monte Carlo SS with under 100,000mi in like mint condition and they were only asking $4,000 which was all I could afford so we hopped in his car and went there only to find out that it was already sold. So I ended up getting a 2000 Grand Prix GT. It is similar to a Monte at least. lol

Didn't look like that the day I bought it. That is the last pic you will see of my car. lol. So don't worry.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

post more pics lol GP's = MC's basically so we all enjoy them lol

Old 12-11-2012, 12:37 PM
1 Year Member

I'll get more pics of it over break. I don't live at home anymore (I live about an hour away) so I don't get home much. Won't be the greatest looking due to all of the snow thats all over it right now probably but I'll do my best.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:39 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Welcome to the forum

Old 12-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by burgundybullet
I'll get more pics of it over break. I don't live at home anymore (I live about an hour away) so I don't get home much. Won't be the greatest looking due to all of the snow thats all over it right now probably but I'll do my best.
Same here, are you in college right now?

Old 12-12-2012, 07:15 AM
1 Year Member

Yup. It sure sucks you dry of cash thats for sure! lol

Old 12-12-2012, 07:24 AM

Hi `Ben,
Thanks for posting your pic's of your dad's Monte & your GP
* New suggestion for the gift 4 your dad ? Get him a $30 bottle of booze, get him drunk & then trade him cars LOL

Yes, many of us can relate to being dry (empty) on $'s CASH.
No Funds = No Fun

You do have a good look'in GP (How does it run) How many miles ? Have U had any major prob's with it ?

Look 4ward to seeing more pic's...& let us know if you can make that trade with your father Does he smoke ?

Old 12-12-2012, 10:09 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `Ben,
Thanks for posting your pic's of your dad's Monte & your GP
* New suggestion for the gift 4 your dad ? Get him a $30 bottle of booze, get him drunk & then trade him cars LOL

Yes, many of us can relate to being dry (empty) on $'s CASH.
No Funds = No Fun

You do have a good look'in GP (How does it run) How many miles ? Have U had any major prob's with it ?

Look 4ward to seeing more pic's...& let us know if you can make that trade with your father Does he smoke ?
Haha. Honestly I've never seen him drunk. He does drink but its never exess drinking so I won't be able to get his car. lol.

I will be removing all the black from the car in the spring. Its just PlastiDip and I had it on there to make it stand out when I was running stock Torque Star wheels. Now with the Bullitts the blacks don't match anyway. It has just under 155,000mi on it. The tranny shat on me so I had it rebuilt. Power steering rack apparently was put in wrong by the last person so I needed a new one of those along with pump. Just had a bad MAF sensor and replaced that so it runs like a top now! Currently the wiring for the abs and tcs is broke by the wheel so I just covered up the lights with electrical tape. Makes me feel like there's nothing wrong with it. haha. Ive got new LIM gaskets and a bunch of other goodies for it. I will probably need to roll the fenders because I have a little bit of tire rub in the rear. Then this spring I may lower it a little bit. My stock springs are shot in the rear so we will see.

My dads car is at like 160xxx miles I think. His overdrive is out on his car so he just drives it as is. I can't really recall what other repairs he had but there were a few.

As for smoking the only time I saw him smoke was a a friends daughter's wedding. As for me I willl have a Swisher or 2 when I go bowfishing with a buddy or go sit by the lake at night but I never smoke in the car. Haven't smoked in like 2 months so I'm obviously not addicted. lol

Old 12-12-2012, 10:31 AM

Hi `Ben, thanks for your reply & infor...You are no stranger to the problems that arise from higher miles on a ride.

I've learned a lot about many auto problems here on the MCF.
We have some great member's & tech's that are member's that help many...It's great that you can do many of the repairs yourself, because it sure can save some Big $'s 4-Sure

Look 4ward 2 seeing what U `do 2 your GT

Be Happy to have a father & it sounds like you have a good one 4-Sure...EnJoy your holidays 2gether

Old 12-12-2012, 05:21 PM
1 Year Member

Thanks! I did neglect to mention one more thing about the car. It has hail damage. As long as you aren't within 10ft of the car you will never know. I've actually had people ride with me and not even notice it. They don't believe me when I tell them that it has hail damage. lol. To be honest I don't mess around with the engine too much but I do enjoy pulling stuff off and putting it all back together. I have upgraded the interior lights to LED bulbs off of Ebay which are surprisingly bright and I have absolutely no complaints about them. I would like to invest in an SD hood to replace my hail damaged one but have been dragging my feet. I do already have a different trunk that is black with no dents and will try to get it painted and put on eventually.

Quick Reply: New guy from Wisconsin