New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

"New" guy from Nashville

Old 05-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Default "New" guy from Nashville

I joined the forum 5 years ago right before I started modding my Monte Carlo asked a question and then settled in on another W-body forum. I've got a 2002 SS with about 125k on the clock. It's currently sitting at the repair shop waiting for them to replace the transmission for the second time (at the expense of the shop due to an error on their part during the rebuild). Anyways, figured I'd share some pics of my car.

Mods include, GMPP handling kit, KYB AGX struts w/Vogtland springs, blue LED cluster, GMPP exhaust, MSP poly motor mounts, Stage 1 HVTB, Goodridge Stainless brakes, 17" KV5 wheels, poly sway bar bushings, Aeroforce gauge, Tony Stewart grill and some other odds and ends.

Here are a bunch of photos from my photobucket account in no particular order.

Bowtie head rests

Aeroforce gauge

K&N intake

Photos from the day after getting 35% tint

PRJ Wires

Air dam bowtie

LED Climate Control

LED Cluster

Custom Dash Bezel

17" Sport Edition KV5 wheels with Potenza Grid G009 tires

Crappy cell phone pic post lowering

This is the best photo of my Tony Stewart grill

Old 05-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

welcome back to a great monte carlo forum you once were a member at......

Old 05-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Very nice work. And welcome back to MCF. We welcome you to visit more than once every 5 years. lol.

I like the bowtie on the lower air dam. Nice touch. The only suggestion I would have is the K&N cold air intake. The K&N tends to be more of a warm air intake. A lot of people don't like the K&N for that reason. If/when funds allow, I'd suggest maybe go with a Wizaired or a CAI-brand intake. And I'm not just saying that because they're a sponsor of the site.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:43 PM

Welcome back to the Forum!

Old 05-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Welcome back , Nice Looking Monte..

Old 05-09-2012, 09:44 PM

Also can I ask whered you get the aeroforce gauge from?

Old 05-09-2012, 09:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Official welcome Iffy! Happy to see you moving "back" on here!!

BTW - In line with what Taz said about the K&N CAI, I've seen the bubble wrap like insulation used on the Wizaird for sale at Home Depot for like $10 for a LOT of it. That might be a neat mod to help improve the K&N rig and then something like a piece of plexi to make a lid. Of course pending you were not happy with it and looking to make a change

Old 05-09-2012, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
I like the bowtie on the lower air dam. Nice touch. The only suggestion I would have is the K&N cold air intake. The K&N tends to be more of a warm air intake. A lot of people don't like the K&N for that reason. If/when funds allow, I'd suggest maybe go with a Wizaired or a CAI-brand intake. And I'm not just saying that because they're a sponsor of the site.
Thanks for the compliment. I'm not a huge fan of the K&N intake either, but it was the first thing I bought for the car and I wasn't aware of how bad of a design it is. Unfortunately, I think I'm stuck with it unless I can get a screaming deal on a better intake as I'm pretty much done modding at this point.

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
Also can I ask whered you get the aeroforce gauge from?
I ended up getting it from ZZP via eBay about 4 years ago. Between the discount ZZP was offering because someone custom ordered it and backed out and 35% microsoft cash back it was 110 bucks or something ridiculous. I don't think I would have ordered it otherwise, but I'd recommend it to anyone at full retail price because of how useful it is for troubleshooting.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by IffyG
Thanks for the compliment. I'm not a huge fan of the K&N intake either, but it was the first thing I bought for the car and I wasn't aware of how bad of a design it is. Unfortunately, I think I'm stuck with it unless I can get a screaming deal on a better intake as I'm pretty much done modding at this point.

I ended up getting it from ZZP via eBay about 4 years ago. Between the discount ZZP was offering because someone custom ordered it and backed out and 35% microsoft cash back it was 110 bucks or something ridiculous. I don't think I would have ordered it otherwise, but I'd recommend it to anyone at full retail price because of how useful it is for troubleshooting.
Ok thanks. I'm mainly looking for something to monitor knock so havent looked around much just was thinking about it after I get my tires and everything else I need first lol.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Welcome back. I was thinking the same thing as maniac, It wouldnt be hard to modify that k&n.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "New" guy from Nashville