New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New Guy here from Northeast USA

Old 01-11-2008, 06:41 AM
Default New Guy here from Northeast USA

Hi Everyone,

This is my second Monte Carlo SS, I owed a 1987, and now I own a 2007Monte Carlo SS. i have to say the new one is a great improvment with lots more HP. I just wish GM made it RWD, but I guess you can't have everything. I really like the new car its so much fun to drive and it looks great.

The 5.3 is really powerful, I'm thinking of taking it to the track to see exactly what it can do. So I'm a pround member of the Knights like everone here, and I'm very please with the new car.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:48 AM
Default RE: New Guy here from Northeast USA

Hi Tony, & Welcome to the MCF
You are one of the lucky ones to get the last year Monte Carlo SS.
Please tell us what options you have, plus color.
Pictures are a big plus, and we hope that you posts some : )
Explore the MCF & use our Search Engine fortopics of interest,
`if you don't find, please post your questions.
Look forward to your future posts/pic's : )
Wish you safe/happy/fun/fast miles in your new SS.
`Space

Old 01-11-2008, 07:43 AM

Hi Everyone,
Here is some more info on the 2007 SS monte CarloI own.
Its Red with grey leather seats, it has a sunroof. I have a XM Radio with a single CD, and I have a K&N air filter i just put in. I'll try to get some pictures to post soon. I took it off the road for the winter and I'm planning on putting it back in March, I drive it around the block from time to time so the tires and engine keep in good working order. It currently in the garage under the car cover. I'm hoping it will be worth something some day.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:29 AM

Hi Tony,

Welcome aboard! Where are you in the NE? I'm in Merrimack, NH. I have an 03 SS, and used to have an '86 SS. The '03 with the 3.8 is faster than the '86 ever was, so I can only imagine the difference with an '07.

John

Old 01-11-2008, 08:37 AM

Sounds like a nice monte, buckeye colors Got any pics?

Old 01-11-2008, 10:14 AM

welcome to MCF and hope to see pics soon, the car sounds nice from description though.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:31 PM

Welocme, Tony.

Don't you just love the power? Doing the same as you, my baby is in the garage for winter, too.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:05 PM

Welcome to the Forums! Yes, pics are always welcome if you get the chance!

Did you look at any other vehicles when you picked up the SS? When I was looking, there was a fewgood deals on SS Monte Carlo's andI can't help but wonder if I had gotten one of them. Yet, in all honesty I'm still glad I got my 3.9L. The SS's were pricey compared to the V6 models, probably 40-50$ a month in difference, plus the extra gas expenditure. That's a big point when ur shoppin for a daily driver. I can get 30 MPG plus if I keep her below 60.... now if that wasn't so dang hard to do....

K&N is definitely a worthy investment, do you plan any other mods? I can only imagine what a good high-flow exhaust would do for that V8!

Old 01-13-2008, 06:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome Tony to the Monte Carlo Forum. We are ALWAYS looking forward to seeing pics. Wish I could keep mine in the garage all winter, but it's my daily driver, at 100+ miles/day. LUV the heated leather seats.
SOMEDAY, maybe your SS will be worth something, as there weren't very many made. Not sure of the #'s, but it aint many.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:18 AM

Hi NH03SS,
Yes I'm from MA. Hey I have a question have you ever taken your car to the track in NH? like http://www.newenglanddragway.com/html/home.php
I was thinking of going up there, but I have never raced before and I was abit nervous. Any thoughts?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Guy here from Northeast USA