New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

new guy here

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Default new guy here

well honestly i didnt think i would but i traded my 83 f-150 4x4 for a 85 monte ss, i saw the car and the guy wanted twice what my truck was worth, and he said hed trade so i did, the only reason i did it was because its an ss monte not a regular, now this thing is nice dont get me wrong but has some flaws for sure: biggest flaw - DOOR PINS!!!!!! 1 thing i hate about chevy 2 door sports cars, next thing - it was wrecked but the guy had put a new nose and front fender on it but failed to paint them other than primer, next thing - the guy didnt put a new core support on it so its not lined up right, - next thing its got a 350 bored 30 over but the guy didnt even clean up the engine or paint it or nothin, and hes got a quadrajunk on it, there are some more but i dont feel like layin em all out there at the moment, ive got some work to do but i could resell for alot more when its done, anyway, if anyone knows a cheap place to get parts that would be great,im sure after you have read this your thinkin, hmmm ford guy, well your right for the most part, id rather drive a ford but if its a car i dont care what it is ill drive it

Old 11-15-2007, 12:40 AM
Default RE: new guy here

welcome? i think...not sure how to take it but i think after drivin her for a while and gettin her to run right ull really love the car

Old 11-15-2007, 08:39 AM

It is not only whats up front that counts you have to have the rear end set up to get what you have upfront to the ground...
3:91 4:11 will do....

Old 11-15-2007, 08:50 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome!
Hope you enjoy your "new" car.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:02 AM

[align=center]Hi `James, & Welcome to the MCF[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I love cars, but I prefer the Monte Carlo's.[/align][align=center]It's going to be difficult to compare your Monte Carlo to[/align][align=center]others cars,because of the condition that the previous owner[/align][align=center]has done to it. (Wrecked/engine change/etc).[/align][align=center]I'm sure if you search the MCF that you will find many[/align][align=center]happy Monte Carlo Owner's.[/align][align=center]We are a friendly Monte Carlo Family, that love our cars.[/align][align=center]Yes, we have problems, like all auto owners.[/align][align=center]Use our search engine for subjects that you are interested[/align][align=center]in, and I'm sure `if you put the love back into your[/align][align=center]new purchased Monte Carlo, she will love you back : )[/align][align=center]I wish you good luck on your restore. [/align][align=center]I suggest `if you don't find the part information here on[/align][align=center]the MCF, that you do a Google's Search for them.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Good Luck, `Space[/align]

Old 11-15-2007, 09:18 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the site. I place like www.mikesmontes.com is a good place to find parts for the 83-88 SS's.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome James from Indiana. We all hope you find your Monte Carlo an enjoyable car to toy with
I used to be a Ford guy, but got tired of always sopping up all the oil leaks in my garages. Every one, even the new ones. Fill the oil, check the gas. Never had a Chevy leak in my garage. NEVER! The worst were the trucks, especially my '86 heavy F250. Everything leaked on that truck. That's the vehicle that turned me to Chevys.

Old 11-17-2007, 01:35 PM

welcome to the forums. and good luck on getting that SS in tip top condition. maybe once your done you'll reconsider selling it

Old 11-18-2007, 08:47 PM

well, so far it hasnt been to bad, but i found out a few things to do to it, im NOT returning it to stock condition, its got a 350 and its staying in it, me and a buddy were looking around and found some stuff id like to do and hed like to see done, other than a cam i gotta get for it, we were thinkin of twin turbo and a 6 speed manual out of a ws6, that car is going to scream when its done, the turbos shouldnt be hard to do according to him it will be cake, ( he has lots of experience with turbos and is a chevy guy) Ohh, and yes i do like the car bye the way, its a very nice ride compared to any truck ive had, anyway, twin b-9 turbos and a cam and 6 speed tranny, just sounds fast, and with the monte being lighter than the ws6 it should scoot right along alot faster than one, and i plan on showing one up and the drag strip next year[:-], anyway this looks like a pretty good website, im glad for whoever made it because it is a big help so far, ive been lookin through it