New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New to the forums and new monte owner...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Default New to the forums and new monte owner...

Well, to start off, my name is Alex. I browsed around the forums for a little bit when I was deciding whether or not I wanted a monte or not. That decision seems obvious now. I just purchased a 2001 torch red monte carlo ss high sport edition. I've seen how much you guys like pictures on here, but I don't have any right now. The cars getting painted atm. I look forward to getting to know all the fellow monte owners.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:52 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

welcome and congrats on the new monte!! also, great intro, thanks! see ya alex and have fun in the monte!!

Old 07-26-2009, 11:38 PM

welcome to the forums! you going to keep or stock or do you have some plans for it later down the road?

Old 07-26-2009, 11:50 PM

Thanks for the welcome you guys. I'd like to do some mods to it later on, but I'm kinda strapped for cash right now after buying it. I've got a question and I'm not sure where to put it. I've searched and can't find an answer too. The sunroof in it doesn't work. It just kinda opens a little bit then doesn't do anything else. The best I can come up with is a bad solenoid. Any ideas? and also, are there anymore problems I should look out for? It has 100,000 miles on it.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:08 AM

welcome to the forum!!!

Old 07-27-2009, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Burke90
Well, to start off, my name is Alex. I browsed around the forums for a little bit when I was deciding whether or not I wanted a monte or not. That decision seems obvious now. I just purchased a 2001 torch red monte carlo ss high sport edition. I've seen how much you guys like pictures on here, but I don't have any right now. The cars getting painted atm. I look forward to getting to know all the fellow monte owners.

Hi `Alex, and Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family
Explore the MCF & use our search engine for subjects of
interest. There are several posts on sunroof's.
If you can't find, just post your questions.
We look forward to seeing pictures when you get your
Monte Carlo back from the paint Shop : )
Wish you safe/fun/trouble free miles
in your Monte Carlo
Good Luck

Old 07-27-2009, 08:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Thanks for the welcome you guys. I'd like to do some mods to it later on, but I'm kinda strapped for cash right now after buying it. I've got a question and I'm not sure where to put it. I've searched and can't find an answer too. The sunroof in it doesn't work. It just kinda opens a little bit then doesn't do anything else.
It could be something simple like the rails are bent, needs to be greased. Can you tell if it's TRYING to open further and something it preventing it? (Sunroofs always go bad lol, that's why I opted against one)

and also, are there anymore problems I should look out for? It has 100,000 miles on it.
Do you know the original owner, how well they kept up on maintenance and drove the car? You could be looking at tranny issues in the near future (a lot of people see it around 120k miles, I saw it at around 140k) Coolant system, a lot of people think the dex-cool is evil and will eat away at gaskets after long miles, could cause some leaks and problems (personally I still have dex-cool and haven't run into anything yet) And you'll have to keep an eye out for some rust and make sure it doesn't get bad on the undercarriage (again depending on how well it was kept) Also the suspension could start to be needing a good looking at. (tie rods / struts / mounts / bushings)

Old 07-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Welcome.

Great information ChiBi.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

OH YEAH!

Welcome

Old 07-27-2009, 02:26 PM

It tries to open sometimes and then kinda stops. I did some more tedious searching and it might be in need of lubrication like you mentioned Chibi. I also think it has something to do with the DIC. I have no idea though of the original owner and how well it was maintained. Thanks again for everyone's welcome and advice.

Quick Reply: New to the forums and new monte owner...