New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

new to forum - need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Default new to forum - need help

Hello there - my window is not working on the drivers side - we took off the door panel and saw a cable that is disconnected - does anyone know of a schematic I can look at to try and figure out where this cable needs to be connected to? Or if you know where it goes...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Theresa

Old 10-06-2008, 07:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: new to forum - need help

Hello Theresa. My suggestion is to go to your Chevy parts dept and have them pull it up on the computer and ask them for a copy of that.
Guessing here, there should be a wire going from the window motor to the switch on the door panel, and from the switch thru the door and into the body. I'm guessing its the switch wire, or maybe a bad switch. You can check voltage at the switch to see if you have power there. Maybe you have a blown fuse, but I'm assuming you have checked that. The only other wires in the door are for the lock and mirror. Make sure all the switches have connectors on them.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:19 PM

Hi There - it is a cable that is not connected - my husband has a schematic - but it is very busy - we haven't gotten it fixed he went to the chevy dealership and they wanted like 500 to put a new motor in. Just lucky it hasn't rained lately. lol There is a connector on the end of the wire but something is missing :0(

Theresa

Old 10-12-2008, 08:04 PM

Any way toget pictures to give everyone a better idea of what we are dealing with? Hope you get it taken care of quickly.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:11 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If the wires are going into a plastic connector, it's possible that the little tab on the connector that hold it into the socket is broken. Which socket does it belong to? Personally, I would look in the general area of where the wire/connector is hanging. Usually it plugs into something nearby. In your case, window related. So look for something that connector looks like it would plug into. The wire harness connectors only plug in one way, so it's difficult to plug it in upside down. Plus, you'll see the locking tab (or the remains of one if it's broken) on the connector. You can match it up with the tab on the socket you're plugging it into.

The locking tab doesn't just break off for no reason. And connectors don't usually just fall out for no reason either. Was the door panel removed recently? Maybe the wire was left unplugged by accident. Or maybe the wire was not routed correctly, and got unplugged by the action of the window. If the window stopped working in the down position, this may be the case.

Hope this helps.