New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New to the board

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Default New to the board

Whats good, found the board browse'n around the internet, seemed like an ok place about montes

I have an 85 monte carlo currently under way, not new to the car game, have a few builds under my belt,

Old 12-17-2008, 09:41 AM
Default RE: New to the board

howdy and welcome do u have any pics of ur car? tell us a little about urself

Old 12-17-2008, 10:13 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: St.Pete_MC

Whats good, found the board browse'n around the internet, seemed like an ok place about montes

I have an 85 monte carlo currently under way, not new to the car game, have a few builds under my belt,

[/align][align=center]Hi L.J., from the SunShine State of Florida[/align][align=center]and[/align][align=center]Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family Forum.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]We think we are more then `ok [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Look forward to seeing pictures of your 4th Generation [/align][align=center]Monte Carlo & hearing about your builds.[/align][align=center]Explore the forum, and we will be waiting for your pic`s[/align][align=center]and posts.[/align][align=center]Happy Holiday,[/align][align=center]`Space & the EastCoast of Florida BeachBums[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 12-17-2008, 02:48 PM

welcome to the board man !

Old 12-18-2008, 11:32 AM

preciate the welcome's
still in the begining stages (sort of)

85 monte, has the 4.3 v6 for the moment, just grad college roun may or so last year, so I had the car for a minute just was going back and forth should I build it up, finally made a decision and stuck wit it

im on my drive train build as of now, SBC 357, 2 bolt main, balanced assembly that I got off a nice deal on CL

went through and basically broke it down to what I wanted from it just the short block, and on my way building it back up
[img][/img]

basically all I wanted lol

Old 12-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Default RE: New to the board (added pics)

Then found me a nice set of World Products Sportsman II heads for a steal

sent them out and had a lil machine work done, and my comp cams springs and what not installed to get em back to how I needed them

then a lil sanding and some Dupli color hi temp paint & clear coat

thats basically where Im at besides a room full of parts, air gap performey, extreme energy comp cam, rollertip rockersmilidon oil pan,tray,pump things like that. pete jackson quiet gear drive, arp bolts, etc. etc. Just waiting for money and few odds and end and I'll be ready to put it all back together

Old 12-18-2008, 12:11 PM

Hi L.J.,
Thanks for posting the awesome pictures of your Monte. Glad you decided to keep
your Monte, & give it new life.
You have a great project 4-Sure.
Sure hope that you keep us posted on your steps, and how the
project is going for you.
What did you get your degree in ? Congrat`s
Do you belong to any Auto Clubs in St Pete ?
Good Luck & Happy Holidays,
`Space

Old 12-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Default RE: New to the board (added pics)

Then a buddy of mines was parting out his perfect 87 GN (dont ask me why, I dont know, I did'nt wanna know)

So I jumped @ the chance to get that 8.5 posi rear with 3:42 gears!

DO WORK!

figured I aint need a truck, the monte can take that no problem, I got adjustable air shocks LOL

got it home, sanded it down, cleaned it up and hit it wit a few coats on the high temp brake caliper, & let it sit in the sun for a few, nice glossy rock hard finish!

Old 12-18-2008, 12:19 PM

ORIGINAL: KidSpace

[align=center]Hi L.J.,[/align][align=center]Thanks for posting the awesome pictures of your Monte. Glad you decided to keep[/align][align=center]your Monte, & give it new life.[/align][align=center]You have a great project 4-Sure.[/align][align=center]Sure hope that you keep us posted on your steps, and how the[/align][align=center]project is going for you.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]What did you get your degree in ? Congrat`s[/align][align=center]Do you belong to any Auto Clubs in St Pete ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Good Luck & Happy Holidays,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
preciate it, got my bachelors in business management from USF, naw no auto clubs as of yet, been kind of thinking about starting something, does'nt seem to be that many around the area, or im just missing them LOL

Quick Reply: New to the board