New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New 2002 SS Owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Default New 2002 SS Owner

Just wanted to introduce myself to the boards here. I recently bought a 2002 Monte Carlo SS with 29k on it. Black/Black, Leather, Sunroof, etc. So far it's a great car, I've always been a Chevrolet Enthusiast so after looking at some Eclipses, Stratus R/T's etc. I decided to stay true to the roots and buy this beauty. Hopefully I will get a Cardomain up soon. I bought the car to take to College and save some gas money and insurance costs. Plus my 93 Z28 Camaro was nearing 100,000 miles so I decided to sell my baby before I couldn't get anything for it. I plan on going to S.A.M - School of Automotive Machnists in Houston, TX in January or after. Haven't really decided yet, but I'm hoping to get a job working for a Race team of some sort when I'm done.

I'm always been into modifying cars weather it be for the circle track, or just a daily driver. So I was wondering if there was a basic guide everyone follows for bolt-ons? I figure Cold Air Intake, Muffler etc. But am not too familiar with Monte's yet so I'm looking for some performance sites or somewhere to buy some parts for it. I just plan on doing cold air intake, and a muffler with a tip or something for now. Maybe a chip or something around that nature. Plus I will do some exterior work, but keep it nice and clean. I'm gonna search around and see what can be done with lettering etc. And I plan on putting in a nice system with some JL Subs and an Amp. Good to be on the boards, and any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 06-18-2006, 08:53 PM
Default RE: New 2002 SS Owner

Hello and welcome to MCF...

Where is this S.A.M school in Houston? I've not heard of this one yet..

I would start by performing a search on the areas you want to improve as I am sure we have discussed them in the past. Let us know if your searches leave you empty handed..

Old 06-19-2006, 01:01 AM

Thanks for the advice, the search engine is always your friend. SAM is one of the best schools around depending on what you want to do with your eduaction, you can check out there website at http://www.samracing.com They are often mentioned in performance magazines, I'm pretty excited to be going there.

Old 06-19-2006, 02:31 AM

Looks like a pretty cool school. And in my own back yard to boot....

I went to UTI a super long time ago but wish I could have gone to a school of that nature.