New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Need help please!!!with my 02 monte carlo

Old 05-13-2019, 09:31 AM
Default Need help please!!!with my 02 monte carlo

Starts and runs fine and then may get 4 or 5 miles down road and loses power and will barely idle and then after 20 secs engine revs up and goes back to normal then it's fine and then may do it again in another 4 or 5 miles. Also makes sucking noise at air box when happening.please help me

Old 05-13-2019, 12:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Anthony Hamilton View Post
Starts and runs fine and then may get 4 or 5 miles down road and loses power and will barely idle and then after 20 secs engine revs up and goes back to normal then it's fine and then may do it again in another 4 or 5 miles. Also makes sucking noise at air box when happening.please help me
Sounds like a Vacuum leak some place. Check your larger hose lines that maybe on the engine manifold. I could be just loose and needs reattached.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:40 PM

It does sound like a vacuum leak however, check the IAC valve and the MAF sensor...

"Sucking sound" makes me believe the IAC tho..

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.