New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

My 07 Super Sport looks like this most of the time.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rico Riggio
My guess is going to be 2 bad tpms sensors. My reason for thinking so is after I put the system into identification mode and proceed to lower the psi of the left front I get nothing, no honk. moving to the right front the horn will honk in the first 5 seconds. moving to the right rear, horn honks in the first few seconds. Again on the left rear no reaction with psi dropping. Is it just coincidence that it's both on the left side of is there more to it?
Bad TPMS sensors are most likely the problem. My left front is bad. The dealer put the system into test mode with a scanner and it verified the bad one, but now it won't reset until I replace the bad sensor. Before dealer tested it, only the bad one read --, the others read the actual psi...

Sensors are ~$20 each + labor. It is quite nice to know the psi of each tire. We both probably should get ours fixed and clear the annoying light on the dash.

Old 12-27-2013, 01:26 PM

Monte of the Month -- August 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Rico Riggio
Finally had time to, or more like forced, to look at the Super Sport. As stated in the past I work out of town a lot and the end of this year has take up all of my free time. In hoping to use it for the Hollidays I found a dead battery. I replaced that and while doing so I found a bad cable end on the negative cables. fixed that and so far driving a few tanks of fuel threw it this Christmas week it looks to be acting right again. I refer to always loosing sound from the radio and chimes.

I think for the tms I will start now with the basics and see if I can get the wheel sensors to set themselves. I put my obdII on and find no codes. (SERVICE TIRE MONITOR SYSTEM) appears on the dash.
FRONT TIRES PSI
LEFT-- RIGHT--
REAR TIRES PSI
LEFT-- RIGHT--
Maybe now that I have a new battery and good connections this with set up correctly. I hope anyway. Thank you all for the help and sport to have taken so long to be back around. I think I have more problems yet to come, noisy lifters and think 2nd gear is weak. But one thing at a time.
My tire sensors have never worked either and display the "-" blank message that you are getting for all 4 wheels.

To be honest I am glad mine do not show. I would rather go around by hand and test them myself. I think that the sensors would get annoying after a while and I heard they are finicky and expensive.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:12 AM

Nice looking ride.

Love the black but hard to keep looking clean!

Sharp car!