New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

My 07 Super Sport looks like this most of the time.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 02:00 PM
Unhappy My 07 Super Sport looks like this most of the time.

My 07 Super Sport looks like this most of the time.

Name:  IMAG0286_zpsb3f34cbb.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  121.5 KB

Name:  IMAG0285_zps6b20e3f1.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  117.2 KB

Old 08-30-2013, 03:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice ride.

Thanks for shareing.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:38 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What's wrong with it?

Old 08-30-2013, 04:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

LOl Lou my thoughts too, I mean my hood is up most of the time because there is always something wrong and in need of repair. Nice Black Monte pretty clean girl you have for yourself. However a Red one would look much better parked there.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
What's wrong with it?
Do you have enough time? Intermittently the radio along with door and signal chimes will quit. When they due the battery will draw down to dead and after a jump things are ok again. SCV on the radio never works. When the issue comes up I have power on both sides the radio and amp fuses. The power ports in the center console are powerless for lack of better terms. The tire monitoring system is not working either. I've posted about it but not getting much help, must be a rare issue. I'm suspecting body control module.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:57 AM

Hi Rico,
Sorry to read about all your problems with your Monte...

How many miles on your Monte ? How many owners ?
How old is your battery ? Even new batteries can be bad !'

Is it throwing any codes ? If so, what are they ?
Do you have any mod's to your system ? like amp's etc ?
What mod's do you have ?

p.s. Just found the below in your profile

07-12-2013 01:20 PM - permalink
Rico Riggio

Thank you for the warm welcome. As for options I don't know what's optional and what's with the SS package. Ill start with what I know and you can guide me along. 5.3V8 on the ss I think is standard in 06-7. Heated leather redundant radio controls sunroof CD player. I don't know how to read the options tag in the trunk. In my opinion the car is pretty rough with 98,000 miles its just me we been taken care of. Its in the dealer now getting looked over. Having a new power steering pump instaled along with oil and trans fluid changed. Needs tires and a tie rod. Someone apparently towed it for some reason by a rear tie rod end. Nice.
^
From your above statement it does sound like your Monte has been abused in the past ? : (

Please post as much infor as you can about your mystery problems & hopefully one of our expert tech member's can help...Good Luck

Last edited by Space; 09-02-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Rico Riggio
I've posted about it but not getting much help, must be a rare issue. I'm suspecting body control module.
I just did a search for your other post. You have gotten couple replies and at least one response about testing the battery, but you have not replied to the last one.

STUMPMI suggested checking if the battery terminals have corrosion on them and age of the battery and last time it was tested.

I will also add, have you had the alternator tested? In many cases, you can drive the car to the parts store, if you have a fully charged battery, they can test the alternator on the car. Or you can pull the battery and the alternator and have them bench test them (best way to test them).

If the connections on the battery or to things such as the starter or a ground is badly corroded, the the wires are not moving the proper amount of electricity and/or intermittently braking connection.

When you drain a battery or the car has a very low battery, everything acts "funny". My Monte (driven summer only) would drain the battery in about 3 days of not driving it, oddly, sometimes I'd find the back up lights blinking when it was dead....Just enough juice left for the BCM to shout "look at me, I have a problem". It was passing battery/alt tests. I finally had the alt go bad (was making a foul odor), changed it, no problems since.

Hope that helps. I will post this in your other threads. Keep us updated so we can be of more help.

Last edited by The_Maniac; 09-02-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:17 PM

Finally had time to, or more like forced, to look at the Super Sport. As stated in the past I work out of town a lot and the end of this year has take up all of my free time. In hoping to use it for the Hollidays I found a dead battery. I replaced that and while doing so I found a bad cable end on the negative cables. fixed that and so far driving a few tanks of fuel threw it this Christmas week it looks to be acting right again. I refer to always loosing sound from the radio and chimes.

I think for the tms I will start now with the basics and see if I can get the wheel sensors to set themselves. I put my obdII on and find no codes. (SERVICE TIRE MONITOR SYSTEM) appears on the dash.
FRONT TIRES PSI
LEFT-- RIGHT--
REAR TIRES PSI
LEFT-- RIGHT--
Maybe now that I have a new battery and good connections this with set up correctly. I hope anyway. Thank you all for the help and sport to have taken so long to be back around. I think I have more problems yet to come, noisy lifters and think 2nd gear is weak. But one thing at a time.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:09 AM

My guess is going to be 2 bad tpms sensors. My reason for thinking so is after I put the system into identification mode and proceed to lower the psi of the left front I get nothing, no honk. moving to the right front the horn will honk in the first 5 seconds. moving to the right rear, horn honks in the first few seconds. Again on the left rear no reaction with psi dropping. Is it just coincidence that it's both on the left side of is there more to it?

Old 12-27-2013, 09:58 AM

Speaking of which, did you paint your tail lights? If you ever get rid of it, you can toss me your stock tail lights ^_^ ; <33

Quick Reply: My 07 Super Sport looks like this most of the time.