New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Made the switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Default RE: Made the switch

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

glad to hear...do you like it??

what do you like more?? the vette? or the monte??
So far I'm loving the Monte. It's got plentyof get up 'n go & it's like driving a Caddy compared to the Vette. And it's so much bigger/higher than the Vette I feel like I'm driving an SUV. That is definitely nota bad thing. It's nice to be able to see above/around even average size cars again. The Vette sat so low I couldn't even see over a dang motorcycle.
I won't try to blow smoke up anyone's @$$ there are very few cars for under $100 large that compare to a C6 Corvette. That is one awesome effin' car!With that said I'm trying to take the MC for what it is & not compare it too much to my old C6. It would be too unfair. The MC is truly an awesome car when compared against cars in its class. I think it walks all over the Mustang (V6 & GT) in every way & even though it may come up short against the new Shelby GT 500 performance-wise,it is still a better looking car with a better interior. I don't care for the new Dodge Charger with it's four doors[:'(]. Now when the new Dodge Challenger comes out that will be an awesome car. Too bad it's not a Chevy! Oh & forget about any import. They all look the same & have virtually no personality, thank you very much. In the meantime I am going to enjoy the hell out of my new SS!!!
Thanks everybody,
Glenn

Old 04-27-2007, 05:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Donutboy97

welcome to the site.... Yeah your nuts for getting rid of the Vette, but your not insane since you got a MC.
Yeah I'm a little nuts. Could've been much worse though. I could've traded in the Vette for a Cobalt
OH MY GOD!!! Did I just say that out loud. I best take cover lest I be struck with a bolt from the blue by theVette Gods. I do, however, truly think they will approve of my choice to go with the MC SS.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: c6g2

Well guys, I went ahead & made the switch from an '05 Corvette [X(]to an '07 Monte Carlo SS (silver with black rally stripes). I know many of you must think I'm a little nuts but the Vette simply was not going to work out for me anymore & if I was going to replace it with something by god it was going to be first off, a Chevy, 2ndly a two door coupe,& finallyNOT a Cobalt!!! And since this is the last year of the MC I did not want to wait too long. I look forward to many miles of smiles in my new SS!
I will be sure to take pics of the new SS this weekend & post them.
Cheers,
Glenn
[/align][align=center]Glenn, Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Beautiful Monte Carlo SS [/align][align=center]Please give us your personal review of your new Monte SS[/align][align=center]Safe/Happy/Fast/Fun miles to you.[/align][align=center]`d-Space[/align]
Space,
Thanks for the welcome & posting a reasonable facsimile of my new SS. I had to run out to the garage to make sure mine was still there. I will surely take pics of my SS this weekend& post them.
As far as my review, so far one word... AWESOME!!! The car has plenty of boogie & ridesvery nice. I'm still getting use to the layout of the instruments& having to use a key again. My C6 was programmed to automatically lock/unlock when I approached/left the car & had push button start so I never had to take the key or even the key fob out of my pocket. Now I mustget use to digging in my pockets for keysagain & making sure I lock the car when I leave.I will also miss the heads up display which I believe should be in every car. I do love the auto start feature in the MC. That will definitely come in handy here in sunny FLA.
Cheers,
Glenn

Oh yeah so far everybody who has seen my new SS has had nothing but great things to say about it. Hell my sister came right out & said she liked it more than my C6, no questions asked

Old 04-27-2007, 07:22 PM

Welcome to MCF Glenn!!!

I do have to ask though what caused the decistion "Hey I don't want my Vette anymore, what should I trade it for." Maybe I shouldn't say want anymore, but there was a reason you decided to go another route. Was it only the visual being the issue? You mentioned the Monte is more like a Cadillac as well so there is a comfort issue between the two.

Any insight would be great!

Old 04-27-2007, 11:02 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the MCFs Glenn.

Never met someone who sold off a Vette in favor of a MC but to me, it was a good choice.

I've never owned a Vette myself but I do own 2 Montes. (and a couple other toys)

I also know how cool it is to drive one of the '06/07 V8 SS Montes.

Please post some pics of your new Monte for us.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:24 AM

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

Welcome to MCF Glenn!!!

I do have to ask though what caused the decistion "Hey I don't want my Vette anymore, what should I trade it for." Maybe I shouldn't say want anymore, but there was a reason you decided to go another route. Was it only the visual being the issue? You mentioned the Monte is more like a Cadillac as well so there is a comfort issue between the two.

Any insight would be great!
Thanks for the welcome!
I would love to have kept the Vette, but I am getting ready to start a new job& the Vette would not have been a very practical car at all to have. I'll bespending alot of time on the road & I really could not afford to keep the Vette asa 2nd car. So I had to makethe change. I've always liked the Monte Carlo (I actually learned to drivea '74 Monte) & after a test drive in a new SS I was pretty much sold. It was hard to let the Vette go but as I drive & familiarize myself more with the MC the decision to give up the Vetteis becoming much less painful.
Cheers,
Glenn

Old 04-28-2007, 01:31 PM

Looks Nice!! Welcome to the family.

it is funny i had the same reqiuerments when i bought mine to LOL
1. Chevy
2.2DR. Coup!!
3. Not a Grand Am!! (mom had one was not real impressed at that time with it)
4. Did i mention it had to be a chevy?

Kool hope it treats you as well if not better then the Vett and my monte has treated me (before they shippied)

Old 04-28-2007, 11:53 PM

Glad the switch is coming along fine then Glenn. Practicallity is a very good reason to make a switch.... One item I fail alot when making decisions.

Maybe I shouldn't have bought that 2nd boat. =<

Old 04-29-2007, 12:05 AM

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

Glad the switch is coming along fine then Glenn. Practicallity is a very good reason to make a switch.... One item I fail alot when making decisions.

Maybe I shouldn't have bought that 2nd boat. =<
Thanks, the switch is coming along just fine. I'm really loving my new SS. I can't wait until I can get on her a little bit. I'm taking it easy for the first 500 miles. Old habits die hard I guess.
Oh & believe me when I say me & "practicality" are not joined at the hip. It's almost always the furthest thing from my mind. Usually I'm about as practicalas a snake buying a pair of shoes. But every now & then it hits me good & hard.

Cheers,
Glenn

Old 05-01-2007, 01:56 AM

Glenn, are you breaking it in on Synth or Dino oil? I'm just curious because I've heard lots of times that it's better to break in on synth if you plan on running synth. Unfortunately my car was purchased used, so I didn't have a chance to do that, but my coming oil change I'm making the move to synth. I've already got a 5 qt jug in the back seat wating to be utilized.

Quick Reply: Made the switch