New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Limited-Edition Stage1, 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 09:26 AM
Thumbs up Limited-Edition Stage1, 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS

Hello, I own simply gorgeous Limited-Edition Stage1, 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS, which by the way is the only car that I could find in this model & year with less than 15,700 miles.

Last edited by David Jones; 09-27-2019 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by David Jones
When inquiring about what exactly does Stage1 mean. The Chevrolet dealership informed me that it use to be an extra $10,000 kit/upgrade option that consumers could add on their Monte Carlo & Impala.
This does not sound like a real thing, I'm pretty sure the dealership lied to you about this and I hope you didn't pay a premium because of it. The only thing I can even find about a "stage 1" Monte Carlo is something from this forum from 8 years ago. Why would GM offer an option on the base model car? If you wanted something extra, you would get a pace car in 2003, or add the "High-Sport Package" to your SS and you get a better spoiler, diamond cut wheels, painted body kit, and limited edition gauge cluster.

The Kit/upgrade included things like: Cold Air Intake, Computer Chip, Exhaust Setup, Upgraded Brakes, Second Muffler etc. and only God knows how the Black Leather seats got in there because the LS models usually does NOT come with leather but I am going to sell it soon!!!
You could order an LS with leather seats. They just came stock with cloth. Can you take additional photos of the intake? It looks pretty stock. The exhaust looks weird too. The left tip doesn't look like it is aligned right, and doesn't look like the GM performance exhaust that was offered for Monte Carlos. The brakes were the same on the LS and the SS.

Your "body kit" looks like it's only the side rocker pieces. The front and rear are stock. And that spoiler is actually a pretty hard to find "Intimidator III" spoiler. It's an aftermarket spoiler that was offered a while ago that mimics the concept car from the 90s. It's actually a really nice spoiler, and I tried to get one for my car back in the day, but they were hard to find.

I repeat what I said earlier, and I hope that you didn't pay too much extra for this car, I believe the dealership was pretty quick to lie to you. But all said and done, that is a clean low-mileage car.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:20 AM

I really do appreciate your honesty and car knowledge, that's why I joined this site, because I have not a single clue on Chevrolet's in general. But I got a great deal from a older family member, and I really just brought it as more of a investment. From your honest option and Monte Carlo knowledge, what would be the highest and lowest asking price when decide to sell.

thanks

Old 09-27-2019, 10:53 AM

15 Year Member

From your honest option and Monte Carlo knowledge, what would be the highest and lowest asking price when decide to sell.
Average out the KBB and NADA values of a Monte Carlo LS with that mileage and call it a day. You will be hard pressed to find a premium on an LS. Unless someone has a fully built drivetrain and NEEDS a low mileage body to swap.

They are unfortunately a dime-a-dozen cars. Hard to find low mileage examples, but that doesn't mean they will sell high.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:59 PM

But I got a great deal from a older family member, and I really just brought it as more of a investment. From your honest option and Monte Carlo knowledge, what would be the highest and lowest asking price when decide to sell.

thanks
TBH, you're going to be hard pressed to find a usable number for asking price as the number of actual sales with mileage like that is very rare although the books will certainly give you a ballpark.

The hard part you're going to have is that it's not really a collector item. It's not a NASCAR driver special edition, it's just a regular 6th gen. The value on Wbody cars in general is coming close to bottoming out at this point depending on the year, so the mileage will be the only thing getting you extra money.

I'm afraid the only offers you're liekly to get will likely be from someone wanting a nice DD, but even then I'd be shocked if someone paid even $10k for it.

Old 09-29-2019, 11:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

So I did a little research on this ride. Here is what I was able to find.
It appears that the Stage 1 emblem is associated with Buicks clear back to the Gran Sports.
the emblem Stage 1 appears to be the work of SLP. They made some accessories for the the Monte Carlo also, most notably the Front Grill.
It appears that they did a Buick Regal in 2003 see the link for the article.

https://autopolis.wordpress.com/2018...ve-this-buick/

corrected Information....................................... .................................................. ...................
I did some more research and with in the collection of my Monte Carlo Brochures I was able to find the details of this Monte Carlo.
It would appear they made a Stage 1, a Stage 2 and a Stage 3. I will either scan the brochure or take a photo of it and put it up on here so you will be able to see and read all about it.
This Car is pictured in the Brochure as well as some other ones. So my guess was close but not exact.
Maybe I can get it up on here tomorrow.

This is a 03 Buick GSX Stage 3 emblem

Last edited by drivernumber3; 09-30-2019 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:59 AM
5 Year Member
Cool

Okay got those photo's taken the first time I tried to upload them they all were upside down. There doesn't appear to be a way to correct that so must be just another screwy thing that the forum has created to make it inconvenient. Ha Ha I was able to fool the page and I made the photo's upside down in my file and they turned around in the post.
It should be noted that this upgrade is very similar to the Gen 5 Monte Carlo (Z Sport style)

Cover Front

Back Cover

Silver Monte

Yellow Monte

Red Monte

Wheels and Spoiler

Stages 1, 2, 3.

Interior options

Old 10-01-2019, 08:23 AM

15 Year Member

This is great information, but the car in question still confuses me.

It doesn't have the SLP grille, it has side skirts that weren't part of it...

And the dealer confirmed that it added so much more than this brochure is claiming haha. Curious if this car was faked to look like this option.

Old 10-01-2019, 10:19 AM

Nice find drivernumber3!

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
And the dealer confirmed that it added so much more than this brochure is claiming haha. Curious if this car was faked to look like this option.
Assuming it is real, I wonder what would make the original buyer buy a base model engine and then spend that much extra for an intake and catback package to add power?

Just seems like it would've made more sense to just order a SS from the start.

Old 10-01-2019, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
Nice find drivernumber3!
Well I have had to hide my Brochures from Mrs. Bickerson seems like she wants to toss everything out anymore. Lol

Assuming it is real, I wonder what would make the original buyer buy a base model engine and then spend that much extra for an intake and catback package to add power?

Just seems like it would've made more sense to just order a SS from the start.
I know what you mean there just doesn't seem to be a good reason to not get an SS, I have owned alot of them from 1963 all the way up till I don't have Cars anymore and now have SUV's
I am inclined to think the same that this could have been a make over one, the side skirts are Razzi brand the spoiler is what is being shown on the brochure and the Wheels are also, But the refinements offered on the Brochure don't add up to a 10K price tag for more options. Most of the time these dealer sales folks are clueless and make up stuff just to get a sale.
Personally I would want more than a Thermostat, and some trim and an Trunk emblem for a 10k price tag.

Marketing the car for a premium price could be challenging. Most people look at them as a School Car for the kids and they want a deal. I am seeing 6th Gen Monte's all over the place for sale and they don't seem to get much action, from true enthusiasts. That buyer has migrated to the Camaro now. If they would have been a rear wheel drive ride, that would have made them more desirable I think.

Okay I added some photo's of the Razzi Body Kit on an Imtimidator Monte Carlo look pretty neat, you would really want to do the complete kit. Well over a Grand to do this I would think?

RAZZI SIDE SKIRTS AND BODY KIT

RAZZI SIDE SKIRTS AND BODY KIT

FRONT AIRDAM AND RAZZI SIDE SKIRTS AND BODY KIT

Quick Reply: Limited-Edition Stage1, 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS