New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

At last..... :)

Old 04-17-2009, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default At last..... :)

What up people!!! Back to the Monte Carlo forums again! I had an 88 SS in highschool. I'm now 25 and just bought an 85 SS tonight. My daily driver is an 01 s10 xtreme but I had to buy another car to drive while i fix my truck. Pretty sure a rod is knocking in my truck as we speak. lol. I'm glad to own another one of these thangs, love the look of the monte carlo's!!!!

My new ride is just a 305 with a Jet chip in it supposedly, hedman headers and i'm sure i'll throw in some flowmasters as it needs exhaust before i can get it on the road. No T-tops this time around seeing how they leaked way too much on my old one back in the day. In my dads garage we have a block or 2 laying around for a 350 and a 400 crank, assuming that makes a 383 right? You know what i'm thinking...lol.

As far as my ride goes, I need some parts to get this thing looking decent. Some headlight buckets, a headliner, and a couple things here and there i think. Any decent places that sell parts for our sexy rides online at all? or from any of you members?

Oh, and my name is Brian.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:57 AM

Hi `Brian, & Welcome to the MCF

Congrat's on getting another Monte Carlo.
Would love to see pictures, and also of your Xreme.

Check out the forum's Search Engine for subject's of
interest, and also check out the Member's Gallery.

Look forward to hearing more about your Monte.
Wish you good luck, and fun/safe/fast miles
in your 4th Generation Monte Carlo SS

Old 04-17-2009, 07:25 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey Brian!

Welcome to the forum. Nice rides. The T-tops were nice, but I agree with you. They are a pain in the (wet) rear when they leak. Plus they also made the Montes very vulnerable to theft. Thieves were able to break into the T-tops very easily. I remember at one point, insurance companies were getting so many claims on Montes with T-tops, that many of them considered them a huge risk. An older cousin of mine was turned down by one insurance company because of them (don't remember which company).

Old 04-17-2009, 08:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Welcome to the forum man. Love the 4th Gen.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:45 AM

Haha thanks guys, and about our monte's being stolen. I had mine in highschool get stolen twice. Once because they stole my sound system while i was at school. The other time was at one of my baseball games and they stole it for the t-tops. So this time around i'm glad i don't have them for that and the whole leaking issue. For now, driving this thing around I believe i'll probably just end up pulling a coil wire after I park it for an extended period of time that way it doesn't start for anyone who wants the car more than i do, which i don't think is possible. lol

My monte right now needs a little bit of work but i wasn't going for something in perfect shape right now anyways since i'm on a tight budget. I get the car dropped off tonight after work so i'll take pics over the weekend when it's hopefully sunny out. Until then, you all have a good friday. TGIF! haha

Old 04-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

welcome to the forum brian! can't wait to see pics of your new pride & joy. what color is it?

Old 04-18-2009, 01:28 AM

It unfortunately is a couple colors. I'm not sure what color yet i want to have it painted either. It was maroon but you can tell it needs a paint job and theres a fender from a junkyard and the front bumper is new but a different color. My MCSS i had in highschool was a midnight purple, the only way you could tell it was purple was in direct sunlight, so i kinda wanna go that route but since its maroon with maroon interior maybe ill go for a midnight cherry or something im not sure? or maybe just make it black with the red pin stripe to go along with the interior. Not sure what i wanna do yet, I really like the color of my xtreme but that would be dumb to have 2 cars the same color. lol.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:22 PM

the monte needs a lil work...im missing some parts, like some lights in the front and headlights, and id like to primer the other colored bumper and fenders to somewhat match it while i get it on the road. I have to sit my truck and pull the motor and replace it, but i think imma rebuild it and see how fast i can make it. Now i have a lil project MCSS that i gotta get on the road quick before my truck dies on me. lol. by the time im done with the monte ill probably end up building a 383 for it and maybe just some 373s in the rear. Right now, the monte isn't the best looking but give it some time. it will

Old 04-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The midnight cherry would be a great color on the Monte. Maybe some gold metallic mixed in with the paint. That paint job would look excellent.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Thumbs up WoW

Hi `Brian,
WoW, You sure are another lucky guy to have 2 super
`Rides 4 Sure.
I luv 4th Gen Monte's, but also luv your Xtreme
it's BeAutiFul.
Looke 4ward to all your updates.
Good Luck, & thanks for sharing with `us.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: At last..... :)