New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

just got a 2004 Monte Carlo SS Intimidator!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 12:42 AM
Default just got a 2004 Monte Carlo SS Intimidator!

hey all,

i am new to the forums as you can see and i am very happy to be here! i went to the chevy dealership today to grab an impala ss and test drove one for a little while... i was impressed by it, but it was not really my thing. i told the dealer i would think about it and on my way out i saw a gorgeous monte carlo ss that stopped me in my tracks. i asked how much he wanted for it and he said he would have to check it out. i walked over to it and noticed it was not a normal ss, but an 'intimidator' edition. i had never heard of it and he brought the keys out and i asked him what it was. he basically said it was a special edition monte carlo ss and it only has 12,000 miles on it. i was stunned, i hopped in, started it up, and it blew me away. i noticed the psi gauge on the dash and i was again stunned. i couldn't believe how fast this car is! it handled beautifully and i fell in love. i am going back monday to sign all the paperwork and i am ecstatic.

i did have a couple questions if you guys don't mind. he didn't know much about the specs for the car i.e. horsepower, supercharger, etc... i know i should put at least 89 octane gasoline in it, but is there anything i should know? i appreciate any input thanks!

sincerely,
Mikhail

Old 05-10-2009, 12:47 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

dude you just got a badasss monte with only 12000 miles, awesome, welcome to the MCF forum you will be impressed with the response time on here, the people on here are great, let's see some pictures, later man, we all look forward to sharing information with you

chris #3 forever

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 05-10-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:56 AM

thanks man! i am already impressed haha! do i need to put premium gas in it? i am totally cool with that i just don't know much about the motor in that car... and the guy didn't either hahaha thanks again for the warm welcome!

Old 05-10-2009, 12:57 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

my buddy has an "INTIMIDATOR" 2004 and you have to put high octane gas and i think "z" rated tires on it, it requires the best of everything,

chris #3 forever

Old 05-10-2009, 01:04 AM

thanks man, no problems there. the tires look pretty fresh i will take some pics and post them on here gotta make my signature after all... i have to wait until monday to go get it though i am like a little kid again... the freakin banks were closed today so i couldn't finalize the purchase LOL

Old 05-10-2009, 01:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

welcome to the forum!! there are a couple of guys here with that car also, so i'm sure you'll get more info than you could possibly imagine. these guys really know these cars inside and out. i know the feeling you have, it was the same feeling i had when i got my car!! congrats and welcome!!

Old 05-10-2009, 06:27 AM

Hi Mikhail, & Welcome to our MCF Family
You are very fortunate to find a 04 Intimidator with only
12K miles 4-Sure.
Please ask your dealer for a CarFax Report
(It will show the in service date/owners/history/etc, of
the Monte you are getting)

We have several lucky member's that own the Intimidator,
and love them. Check back for their post input.

We all look 4ward to seeing pictures, and your personal
review of your new AweSome Monte Carlo.
Wish you Good Luck on closing the deal.
Safe/Happy/Fun miles to you.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Welcome to the forum man.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:48 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Welcome and awesome find! The supercharged Monte is 240hp and needs premium gas, I think a min of 91 octane.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:37 PM

thanks so much guys! i am definitely going to get a carfax history report when i go pick it up tomorrow i am so excited. a question for you guys . . . the factory warranty is obviously up because it is an '04, but should i purchase a dealer warranty? is it worth the extra couple grand? i have never owned a car with such low mileage, i am thrilled i have some pictures of it from autotrader here: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

that is the link, and i am sorry it has 12,916 miles on it not 12k flat.

couple pics:

thanks for any advice you guys have for me

Quick Reply: just got a 2004 Monte Carlo SS Intimidator!