New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Interior Touch-up Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 02:40 AM
Default Interior Touch-up Question

Hello everyone...

Just purchased a 2004 Monte Carlo SS Supercharged that is Superior Blue w/ Galaxy Silver trim. It's a really sharp car, my question to try and find a answer too is just like my parents 99 Monte and other Monte Carlo(s) I've seen the interior trim tends to get scratched removing like a rubber soft paint that is on the consoles and interior trim. I've wondered for awhile that there must be some way to touch up or repair this without purchasing a new and expensive console or parts.Also if anyone knows I'm trying to find a GM Part # for the Chrome Lug Nut Caps. I have a set of the Intimidator SS Chrome 17' 5 spoke wheels but only have the gray caps.I've ordered some from pfyc.com but I wasn't sure if they are OEM or exactly like them. Does anyone know?
Thanks,
Jarin

Old 03-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Default RE: Interior Touch-up Question

Sorry, can't answer your questions. Didn't want you to feel you were being ignored.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:50 PM

When I worked at a GM dealership we had acompany called Creative Colors come in once a week.
They were good at repairing plastic interior trim, dashes and sometimes seats anything from scratches , tears to cigarette burns depending on how bad it is. I know they are everywhere but check their website and see if someone is close to where you are.

http://www.creativecolorsintl.com/

Old 03-13-2007, 05:05 PM

Mar-Hyde makes a paint for vinyl and plastics.You can usually buy it at major auto parts stores in spray cans,or an automotive paint supply shop will mix it in pints or quarts to apply with a gun. They have codes for the correct interior shades.I re-did a dash on a Dodge Ram this way that was scratched,and it matched perfectly.There is a prep cleaner,kind of a milky liquid to clean the parts and also a primer that is clear which softens up the vinyl or plastic prior to applying the color.I used it on several cars in the past,even changing door panels to a different color and it worked really good.I even took black panels from a donor car and changed them to tan this way and they never peeled or went bad.You would probably have to remove the console,and sand it to remove the loose factory coating,then go for the Mar-Hyde.