New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Im New To This

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 07:51 PM
Default Im New To This

So, Im new to this site. I have never been part of a forum but its my only hope at this point I think. I always wanted a Monte Carlo and I couldnt have been happier when I brought it home. However it then proved to be a huge nightmare for me. Maybe I dont have it as bad as i think cause i have been so lucky with my 96 Geo Prizm. However i have been so close to selling this car so many times cause i get fed up with it having many issues all the time. I keep thinking i will be done working on and before i know it there is something else. I grew up with cars and i will be going to school for collision repair But i need help with this one. I not have an issue with head lights not working. If someone can give me hope that i am not the only one with so many issues then i would appreciate it.

Last edited by megan.dolan; 04-22-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Can you give some background on the lighting issue?

The axle popping may be a bad CV joint, but it would be best to take it in to a reliable shop and have them inspect it so you don't get stranded then think really hard about selling it. It could also be a strut...who said it was the axle...just curious.

Welcome to the forum...

Old 04-22-2014, 08:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Are any other lights having problems? Could be the headlight switch or the BCM... What year is it?

Old 04-22-2014, 08:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
Are any other lights having problems? Could be the headlight switch or the BCM... What year is it?
I second this. Also check fuses!

Welcome to mcf!!

Old 04-22-2014, 08:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Welcome to the Forum..

Old 04-22-2014, 09:25 PM

With my lighting issue.. a few weeks ago I was driving at night. Noticed the lights didnt come one. Messed with controls a bit and they started workin on automatic again. Since then I kept an eye on em. Then the other day the same issue happened. Except this time no matter how many times I mess with the controls they will not come on even on a manual control setting. The brights will work . But the headlight it self wont. Ots been a few days and ive tried to get them to function a few times. Havent looked too far into it cause I work and go to school all the time . And I dont have a garage.
As far as the popping. Well it doesnt stop there it has a pretty good kick to it at times thays random . I was told it was mounts with the kick but I replaced those and later the popping started and the kicking continued. I have been going to the same guys who own a shop for years . But they tell me its nothing to worry about.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Sounds like a familiar Alice Cooper song "Welcome to my Nightmare" I think these cars are like many others, you just have to work through the problems and the ones after that, but you have a unique car, not so very many out ther like Mustangs, Chargers, etc.

Welcome to the forum!!

I don't know how many times I wishes I had just sold mine, but then there are more times that I'm glad I kept it too!!

Name:  Alicecooperwelcometomynightmare.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  29.8 KB

Old 04-22-2014, 10:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

If the popping and clicking is while turning, you need new CV axles.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:07 AM

Its mainly when turning or leaving a stop. And yeah my car has been a nightmare. When I started having to fix things I was hopeful and thinking I wouldn't have to fix anything else.. but thats not the case... even 3 yrs later

Old 04-23-2014, 06:31 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum. I am with the cv axle needed to be replaced. I had that problem back in October.