New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

I'm Back

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default I'm Back

OK so I'm new to the forum but am back in the Monte Carlo fold. From 1996 until 2002 I owned a 1995 Z34 and sold it to a co-worker that was moving. Been kicking myself for that move.

Late last week I bought a Silver 2003 SS. And am damn glad I did! I also have a 2001 GMC Sierra and have a new job that requires me to commute 70 miles per day. that was pretty much the catalist for the purchase, love my truck but the gas mileage was killing me. I spent a few months tracking down the right commuter vehicle and looked at many other makes and models but what I remembered of my Z34 and what I had read hear and other reviews I have read made returning to the Monte Carlo a n0-brainer.

Not really sure what else to add so if there are any suggestions please throw them out and I'll try to reply quickly.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome!

Great move, that 3.8 3800 Series II NA (L36) is an amazing engine with the Monte Carlo shell it's the perfect package!

Got any pictures

Old 07-27-2009, 02:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Welcome to the forum man.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:06 PM

Only pictures I have yet are the ones that they had on the Autotrader ad. Haven't had the chance to do that ultimate detail that a new car deserves so please be understanding.

Thanks for the welcome. In the very short time I've had it I'm very pleased!

Attached Thumbnails I'm Back-03ssb.jpg   I'm Back-03ssc.jpg   I'm Back-03ssa.jpg  
Old 07-27-2009, 03:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Looks very nice.

Have you had a chance to read over all the stuff you can do to your car and then wish you had more money? haha

What are your plans with it?

Old 07-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Welcome. Looks great. My only suggestion would be to tint the windows.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:04 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Welcome! Very cool - your car has the high sports appearance package!

Old 07-27-2009, 04:08 PM

Welcome to the MCF Family
Super Looking Monte Carlo SS
How many miles ?
How does it compare to your last `Monte ?
Wish you safe/fun/fast/trouble`free miles.
Explore the MCF

Good Luck

Old 07-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Welcome to the forum!

Very nice car you bought. Kinda looks like a silver bullet in those pics.

It's nice to hear that your fond memories of your 1995 Monte Z34 brought you back into a Monte Carlo. Both really nice cars!

Old 07-28-2009, 02:12 PM

chibiblacksheep-- What are my plans for it.... Well right now it's to have it wait for more $ to get back into my bank account! :p I spent more for my commuter car then I had planned but I also got a lot more car, no complaints just gonna take awhile to rebuild the old resources. Not really sure what needs to be done to it. Rick-- I do want to tint the windows. Which leads to a question that maybe better asked elsewhere but since it was brought up...

I read in the owners manual (yes I read the owners manual and no I really don't have a life... what's your point??? ) that you can't tint the rear window with a tint that contains metal. Anyone tried this, does it really hurt the reception? Best to tint the rear with normal tint and the sides with the metal stuff??? Any input would be appreciated

I think I would like a set of the headlights with the black inside them... know what I mean? Looked at a set for my Sierra but it's Dark Blue and I thought the black wouldn't look right but black on silver could work. Basically want to make it different from all the rest. The buttons on the steering wheel are toast would like to replace them, the rocker panel on the passenger side has a nasty boo boo, I'd lik eto eventually replace that too. Other then that I'm looking to see what's out there.

KidSpace--When I bought her she had just rolled 79,000 miles. Had looked at an 02 with 122k and a 91 with 98k before choosing this one.

Taz-- Still really miss the 95. Would love to have it again... in the condition I sold it. Haven't seen it since and not really sure I want to, don't really think they care for it the way I did. Couldn't stand to see her in bad shape.

Once again thanks to all for the welcomes and compliments... Feel like I'm home!

Quick Reply: I'm Back