New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

I Am New to the Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 11:51 PM
Default I Am New to the Forum

Hi everyone. I am glad to be part of the forum to share my passion for the Monte Carlo. My father-in-law had a 1979 Monte Carlo which he let me use for a while. I fell in love with it but unfortunately the frame was to far gone that we had to let it go. I fell in love again with the Monte Carlo in the mid 80's when they came out with the Monte Carlo SS. My cousin had one and it was beautiful. It wasn't until the 2000 that they introduced the 6th generation SS and I thought they were stylish. It wasn't until my Lumina had to be replaced that I started looking for another car. I thought it would be cool to purchase a Monte Carlo SS. At the time I was looking for a car for my daughters to drive and me to enjoy. One of my daughters was into NASCAR, in particular Jeff Gordon. It just so happened that we came across a used Monte Carlo SS Jeff Gordon Limited Edition. We purchased it with 33,000 km and have only put 20,000 km in 10 years. Needless to say we purchased another vehicle for my daughters to drive and use the Monte Carlo occasionally. Unfortunately the car did not come with the certificate of authenticity so I don't know the production run. I tried to get information on the production run but without any luck. Regardless, I want to preserve the car because it is one great ride.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome Rizzo, sounds like you have the bug. Congrats on the JG edition. I think it's one of the most attractive of the line.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

One of my daughters was into NASCAR, in particular Jeff Gordon. It just so happened that we came across a used Monte Carlo SS Jeff Gordon Limited Edition. We purchased it with 33,000 km and have only put 20,000 km in 10 years. Needless to say we purchased another vehicle for my daughters to drive and use the Monte Carlo occasionally. Unfortunately the car did not come with the certificate of authenticity so I don't know the production run. I tried to get information on the production run but without any luck. Regardless, I want to preserve the car because it is one great ride.[/QUOTE]

You might want to check this out Jeff Gordon owns a Chevy Dealer not sure where, google it and ask them, also
Hendrick motor sports maybe able to help.
You should also be able to contact Chevrolet and give them the VIN# and they maybe able to provide information about the car you own, seems like someone did that on our Forum and they had positive results.
There could be a post on that as well.
I think a couple of years back some Lady that was a fan of his had bad luck with her car and he found out about it and gave her his personal one pretty cool thing to do. She was thrilled to meet him.
Good luck

Old 12-02-2017, 09:20 PM

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome. I am excited to be part of the forum.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Welcome! Feel free to be a part of the members' blog, check it out and say hi > https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...e2/#post707946

With that Jeff Gordon Edition, you can submit the vin# to GM and they will be able to tell you what production # the car is... GM kept track with all the nascar editions. I don't know the contact info off the top of my head but someone should know.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 12-12-2017 at 07:40 AM.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2016
10 Year Member

Welcome to MCF!