New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hi everyone, I Need Transmission advice/Help/Thank You!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 07:58 PM

Its a jy online interchange guide
Originally Posted by 02paceSS
Its from an 01 gran prix and its fr9 maybe if I try taking that box off and see how it works.whats this hollander?

Old 01-03-2014, 01:48 AM
1 Year Member

lol thanks, hey is there anyone who has pigtail for the neutral safety switch and where is the neutral safety switch on my car since it's not on the shifter rod?

Old 01-03-2014, 02:32 PM

I hav an extra pigtail........

Old 01-04-2014, 12:56 AM
1 Year Member

thanks but I just got the pigtails today Im going to try them tomorrow to see if there right i got them from and olds intrigue. I called triple edge and they told me any trans that has the neutral safety switch on the outside of the tranny wont work unless you wire it up. you have to use the all pins out of the four pin connector and just the black wire out of the seven pin connector and it should work im going to try it tomorrow I finally got the tranny line.the pig tails from the part stores are expensive 99$ for one and 33$ for the other i couldn't believe it

Old 01-04-2014, 01:16 AM

Thas y i love junkyards
thanks but I just got the pigtails today Im going to try them tomorrow to see if there right i got them from and olds intrigue. I called triple edge and they told me any trans that has the neutral safety switch on the outside of the tranny wont work unless you wire it up. you have to use the all pins out of the four pin connector and just the black wire out of the seven pin connector and it should work im going to try it tomorrow I finally got the tranny line.the pig tails from the part stores are expensive 99$ for one and 33$ for the other i couldn't believe it

Old 01-04-2014, 03:31 AM
1 Year Member

same here! do you think the wiring on the plug ins will be the same as my factory harness (color coded) or should I get a diagram.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:50 AM

Id grab some diagrams, better safe than sorry. Gm tend to change wire colors for the hell of it
same here! do you think the wiring on the plug ins will be the same as my factory harness (color coded) or should I get a diagram.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:17 AM
1 Year Member

She runs great and shifts great time for a full fluid change and filter for both the engine and trans I havent wired the pigtails I wanna wait till I get the diagrams I just ran a push start for now.thaanks for your help where can I get a good digram

Old 01-06-2014, 01:19 AM

Mebbe check with robertsaar at w-body.com. he has diagrams for everything it seems.
She runs great and shifts great time for a full fluid change and filter for both the engine and trans I havent wired the pigtails I wanna wait till I get the diagrams I just ran a push start for now.thaanks for your help where can I get a good digram

Old 01-06-2014, 06:51 PM
1 Year Member

ill check that out. i plan on going to autozone and having them print me some.

Quick Reply: Hi everyone, I Need Transmission advice/Help/Thank You!