New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

HI All a New Member to the MONTY Club

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 02:09 AM
Default RE: HI All a New Member to the MONTY Club

ORIGINAL: WhiteSS

Hey Rich,

Im selling these few items if your intrested in more HP! They are alittle used with about 4,000 miles on them. Just make an offer and it's yours!

Auto Trans Interceptor: -Increases transmission line pressure reducing burnt clutches & bands

Throttle Position Sensor Enhancer: -The Throttle Position Enhancer maintains Maximum Horsepower by optimizing the throttle PCM at about
No thanks. I'm getting a Thrasher shift kit and the TPE is a waste of money, IMO. I'm not knocking you or your offer, I just don't like the products

Old 09-17-2005, 10:43 AM

Both of these products gave me probably around 20 HP all together. They say about 10 HP for every mod you add unless your going to pay the big bucks.
I had to take these off for $$ reasons. I have a baby on the way any day now. Plus with the exhaust, CAI, and tune up I have on the car with these mods that I’m selling, I was getting in a lot of trouble. I just couldn’t resist racing a car when they went along side of me. So now I’m forced to sell some my things. I’m a Police Officer, and I’ll tell you what….. Once you’ve been stopped to many times for speeding and racing, your chief gets wind of it, I was almost a goner.

Old 09-17-2005, 01:52 PM

Both of these products gave me probably around 20 HP all together. They say about 10 HP for every mod you add unless your going to pay the big bucks.
I had to take these off for $$ reasons. I have a baby on the way any day now. Plus with the exhaust, CAI, and tune up I have on the car with these mods that I’m selling, I was getting in a lot of trouble. I just couldn’t resist racing a car when they went along side of me. So now I’m forced to sell some my things. I’m a Police Officer, and I’ll tell you what….. Once you’ve been stopped to many times for speeding and racing, your chief gets wind of it, I was almost a goner.
The trans interceptor is not a power adder, it's simply an adapter that plugs inline to the wiring harness that claims to increase tranny line pressure which sharpens the shifts and also claims to delay the timing of the torque converter clutch.

And the TPSE simply makes the pcm think you're at WOT when you're really at about 70%.....if I want the pcm to think im at wot, I'll put it at wot. It's nothing more than an electronic throttle rotor,not a power adder.

It is very likely you'll see a performance increase using these products, but not because they are adding power, because they are making better use of the power you already have.

Old 09-20-2005, 07:59 PM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

It is very likely you'll see a performance increase using these products, but not because they are adding power, because they are making better use of the power you already have.
If they are making better use of the power that the car already has, then would'nt that be considered more horsepower?
It's improving the shift and the other one is making the computer think it's at more throttle which should give the car more of a pick up.
I did feel a difference with them on the car, in the shift and pick up

Old 09-21-2005, 12:00 AM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

If they are making better use of the power that the car already has, then would'nt that be considered more horsepower?
It's improving the shift and the other one is making the computer think it's at more throttle which should give the car more of a pick up.
I did feel a difference with them on the car, in the shift and pick up
uh, no. Think of it like this.....run your heater at home two times, both for 15 minutes. Once, leave all windows/doors closed, the other time, open them up. Both times you will have used the exact same amount of electricity but your house will stay warm longer with the windows closed. This is not because you used more electricity to generate more heat, but because you are using the heat that was generated more efficiently. Same applies for those mods, they aren't power adders, they simply use the existing power more efficiently(if they do what they claim).

I have issues with both of those products. The tranny thing...if the tranny shifts/line pressure etc, were all soley electronically controlled then that would be the way to go. But that's not the case, there is an electrical aspect as well as a physical aspect to the tranny's and that thing only addresses the electrical aspect. It is my opinion that if I had to change just one of those two aspects, the way to go would be to change the physical aspect. This is for the same line of thinking that spawned the "there is no replacement for displacement" theory. I believe Montejass can back me up on this one, as he encounted shifting issues after he addressed the electrical aspect of the tranny by increasing the tranny line pressure via his programmer, if I remember correctly.

The throttle position sesor enhancer is a gimmick. All it does is tell the ecu your pedal is pushed in 100% when in all actuality it's only pushed in 70% of the way. They should market that product to people with short legs who can't push the pedal to the floor, cause that's all it does is decrease the extent to which you need to press the pedal to get to WOT. My legs are long enough, I don't need any help with that, nor do I need a company trying to sell me some fake performance mod that basically tricks you into believing it increased performance by reducing pedal travel by 30% to get to WOT. I'll pass.

Old 09-21-2005, 10:26 AM

Actually, the TPS enhancer can give you access to more power that GM has blocked. The pedal will only travel so far that does not use 100% of the throttle bodies capabilities. This product has been well known to increase throttle response and increase WOT position better than stock. Now, the question is, how much does it increase this throttle response and what if any HP gains will you see as a result?

It is my opinion that if I had to change just one of those two aspects, the way to go would be to change the physical aspect. This is for the same line of thinking that spawned the "there is no replacement for displacement" theory.
When building a hot rod or performance car this theory holds true. In our case where were just looking for an edge not so true. To achieve higher displacement results in internal engine modifications which I am not willing to do for several reasons. I'd be happy and will more than likely stop at or around a 50HP increase over stock. Our montes are nice, but far from performance/race car status but a comfortable stylish line of cars IMO. Don't get me wrong, I would have been way more happy with a Monte on a RWD V8 platform but thats not what the history of the Monte has been. For the exception of some of the 70's models the Monte has always been one of a sport luxury look and feel with mild performance.

I believe Montejass can back me up on this one, as he encounted shifting issues after he addressed the electrical aspect of the tranny by increasing the tranny line pressure via his programmer, if I remember correctly.
I am not so sure this was a Hypertech or line pressure issue. I removed the program and slowly the problems I encountered are showing up again. I still think there is a re-learn process in the PCM that counters some of the hypertech programming but I still have some more testing to prove out my theories. The jury is still out on this one..

Old 09-27-2005, 08:06 PM

09-27

Hi Montejass

Some questions on your performance info.

Ubend I dont know whether I'll do, I hv to get some Midas Muffle guy to do for me.

T/B Screen Removal: Could u tell me how to do this myself. I guess this one s/b easy. Could u tell me where to look for info on the internet on how to do this to my Monte Carlo LT 2005.

CAI: OK u got me, what is the CAI, its not like the CIA ( Central Inteligence Agency ) or should I say the ( Central UN-Inteligence
Agency ) as they got this IRAQ, WMD's all wrong. Hey how we goin to end this mess anyway!!!.
ANYWAY once again what is CAI, and what do I do, or where do I find info.

CHIP / DHP: I just went for my 2nd oil change @ my dealer H B Chevy in Forest Hills, Queens, New York. They say if I put any performance chip in my car I'll void my warantee. I really wanted to put the chip in, but when they said that, I guess I wont.

Still trying to upload pic of my car, but u dont leave alot a room for my file size, I keep trying to reduse but always says to big.
So I guess I just hv to keep trying.

Anyway Guys, thanx for all your info.

Hey WhiteSS, I appreciate your offer of the ATI & TPSE but I read a couple to places that says they really dont do much
( ZZ Performance ). Im sure that u did get some results & preformance enhancement, but as I keep reading, I dont think I'll go that way.
Man as cop its sure a pain to keep geting pulled over, @ least u got that " get out of jail free card ", but hving my boss on my ***
and possibly losing my job I think u should slow it down, @least in your home town.

Anyway Thanx again ALL !!!

Old 09-27-2005, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: OZONEDDDDD

09-27

Hi Montejass

Some questions on your performance info.

Ubend I dont know whether I'll do, I hv to get some Midas Muffle guy to do for me.

T/B Screen Removal: Could u tell me how to do this myself. I guess this one s/b easy. Could u tell me where to look for info on the internet on how to do this to my Monte Carlo LT 2005.

CAI: OK u got me, what is the CAI, its not like the CIA ( Central Inteligence Agency ) or should I say the ( Central UN-Inteligence
Agency ) as they got this IRAQ, WMD's all wrong. Hey how we goin to end this mess anyway!!!.
ANYWAY once again what is CAI, and what do I do, or where do I find info.

CHIP / DHP: I just went for my 2nd oil change @ my dealer H B Chevy in Forest Hills, Queens, New York. They say if I put any performance chip in my car I'll void my warantee. I really wanted to put the chip in, but when they said that, I guess I wont.

Still trying to upload pic of my car, but u dont leave alot a room for my file size, I keep trying to reduse but always says to big.
So I guess I just hv to keep trying.

Anyway Guys, thanx for all your info.

Hey WhiteSS, I appreciate your offer of the ATI & TPSE but I read a couple to places that says they really dont do much
( ZZ Performance ). Im sure that u did get some results & preformance enhancement, but as I keep reading, I dont think I'll go that way.
Man as cop its sure a pain to keep geting pulled over, @ least u got that " get out of jail free card ", but hving my boss on my ***
and possibly losing my job I think u should slow it down, @least in your home town.

Anyway Thanx again ALL !!!
Ubend: Save yourself some $$$ and have your muffler guy make you one.

ZZP Free Mod TB Screen

CAI= Cold Air Intake. Improves airflow and cooler air intake.
I've heard nothing but great things about K&N Airchargers ~LINK~ or Speedbuilts fenderwell intake.. ~ LINK ~

As far as the chip, they will have to prove the chip caused damage to the warranted failure. For instance, if you go in for a bad window motor they would have a hard time proving your PCM upgrade caused the failure. For the most part off the shelf chips are safe and have safe gaurds in place to keep you out of trouble.

Old 10-11-2005, 06:30 PM

10-11

I JUST FIGURED OUT HOW TO PUT UP PIC OF MY NEW MONTE CARLO.

WELL ITS IN MY PROFILE, I HOPE THIS WORKS.

OZONEDDDDD

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/514/63778D773A184A1C85C6DC07E640CAC2.jpg[/IMG]