New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

hey guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Default hey guys

hey im hopefully going to become a new monte carlo owner. im going to check out a 1986 monte carlo tomorrow.

Guys i need some help, and advise in what to look for.

any feed back will help me greatly.

thanks!

Old 03-02-2008, 06:51 AM
Default RE: hey guys

Hi `Ray, from the SunShine State,
& Welcome to the MCF
I hope the below infor `Helps in your
purchase of a Monte Carlo
Let us know `if you get it or not.
Wish you good luck, & safe miles.
`Space
How to Check out a Used Car Before Buying It
If you are thinking about purchasing a used car, you know how confusing it can be. There are so many things to consider that it can be a daunting experience. This is even truer if you are considering buying a car for the first time. There are many things to look for when purchasing a used car but one important factor is to give the car a physical check before making your final decision. Here, then, are a few general pointers on how to physically check out a used car before you buy it.
[/align][/align]
Steps

[ol][*]Make sure that the car is on level ground before checking it out. This is to ensure that you will be able to clearly check the tires and to see if there is anything sagging on the car.[*]Carefully check the paint job of the car, taking note of any rust spots, dents or scratches. Look at the sides of the car from end-on for waviness; that indicates paint work. Run your finger along the edges of the joints between panels; roughness indicates residue left from masking tape.[*]Check the trunk of the car to make sure it is still in good condition. It should not show any sign of rust, or water entry due to cracks or holes. Wear inside of the trunk indicates usage of the car.[*]Check under the hood of the car for any indication of dents, damage or rust. These can all be signs that the car was either poorly taken care of or damaged. Each fender, just inside where the hood joins should have the decal with the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) of the car; if one is missing, that fender was replaced.[*]The hoses and belts should not have cracks, the radiator hoses should not be soft.[*]Go inside the car and check the seats and upholstery of the car for any tears, rips, stains, or other type of damage.[*]Check to make sure the air-conditioning of the car is working well by turning it on to see that it works. If air conditioning is a must buy a car with R134 coolant. Most cars fitted with R134 are 1993 or newer and have a sticker on the AC Condenser.[*]Check the odometer of the car for the mileage. This is important because the mileage indicates the car’s age. On the average, a normal driver will drive between 10,000 to 15,000 miles a year; however, this depends on many factors. Remember, cars age by time and mileage. Buying a 10 year old car with very low miles is not necessarily a good thing.[*]Test drive the car before making any final decisions. This is perhaps one of the best ways to know the condition of the car. Hence, a buyer should make all effort to do a test drive first before coming to any decisions.[*]Check out the car's service history which should give you some information regarding the performances, repairs, and problems of the car. Ideally, the current owner would have kept a record of the times when the car needed servicing and should be willing to show you this information. There are instances where used cars are sold because of past accidents or nega

Old 03-02-2008, 07:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Space here is our resident information wizard! He's also from FL. Welcome Ray to the MCF family. I hope the deal works out for you, and your time spent on your new purchase is enjoyable. Any quick ?'s please use the search engine above, as it works REAL good, unlike other forums I frequent

Old 03-02-2008, 07:44 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: RocknSS04

Space here is our resident information wizard! He's also from FL.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thank you `Wayne for the compliment,[/align][align=center]but `Space is not the Wizard[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]But, he must give the credit to the [/align][align=center]Search Engines of the Web,[/align][align=center]for[/align][align=center]Space, just makes the entries, & posts/shares[/align][align=center]the results of his finds [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]We all are Search'in for the Answers to the[/align][align=center]many questions we have in `life : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Good Luck Ray on your Search for a [/align][align=center]Awesome Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 03-02-2008, 09:44 AM

Yes this will be my first car but i have helped out my uncle restore a lot of his cars. I have asked for detailed pictures and theres no rust. The guy who is selling it to me, his father bought the car brand new back in 1986. The father kept it in good condition from what i can see from the pictures. Im going to take a look at it today, and hopefully ill be driving it home. Interior is good just head liner is coming bubbling in some places and theres a ciggarette burn in driver seat, his father did it when the guy was 11...

i read all the tips above and i printed it out in a check list form.

Thanks guys!

Ill post pictures when its mine!