New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hey Everyone

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 12:23 AM
Default Hey Everyone

Hey guys, my name is Ibn and I am from Dallas, Texas. Today I became the proud new owner of a 2001 Monte Carlo SS. It needs some TLC as the previous owners let it sit, so now I have taken it upon myself to restore this vehicle to its previous dignity (the previous owners also tried to put strips of tape on the side of the car to pass as racing stripes...). There is a longer-than-wanted list of repairs that need to be done to the vehicle, and I figured that this forum would be able to help me out.Part of the reason I bought it is because I suspect that it is a Limited Edition model, as it has the Limited Edition speedometer. If anyone can tell me how to distinguish whether or not my vehicle is a Limited Edition model, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by TheRedBowTie; 03-24-2016 at 12:53 AM.
Old 03-24-2016, 05:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Monte Carlo! That's great job bringing her back to life! Maybe make a build thread so we can follow your progress.

If you ever have any questions or need assistance with finding parts for it let us know we will be glad to help you.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to mcf! I believe the limited edition monte has 17" wheels, high Sport body kit, and a kick up spoiler. Along with the speedo and a limited edition badge on the passenger side dash. Possibly has checked flag decals? The decals may only be pace car only I'm not sure on that

Old 03-24-2016, 07:32 AM
Thumbs up >Welcome 2 the MCF<

Originally Posted by TheRedBowTie
Hey guys, my name is Ibn and I am from Dallas, Texas. Today I became the proud new owner of a 2001 Monte Carlo SS. It needs some TLC as the previous owners let it sit, so now I have taken it upon myself to restore this vehicle to its previous dignity (the previous owners also tried to put strips of tape on the side of the car to pass as racing stripes...). There is a longer-than-wanted list of repairs that need to be done to the vehicle, and I figured that this forum would be able to help me out.Part of the reason I bought it is because I suspect that it is a Limited Edition model, as it has the Limited Edition speedometer. If anyone can tell me how to distinguish whether or not my vehicle is a Limited Edition model, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi `Ibn and Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family.
Check the below link & explore for your year/model/etc
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Monte_Carlo

Old 03-24-2016, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by carid
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Monte Carlo! That's great job bringing her back to life! Maybe make a build thread so we can follow your progress.

If you ever have any questions or need assistance with finding parts for it let us know we will be glad to help you.
Thanks for the welcome! Where would I go about posting a build thread?

Old 03-24-2016, 09:12 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TheRedBowTie
Thanks for the welcome! Where would I go about posting a build thread?
Hi Ibn,
I'd put it in the Monte Carlo talk thread below
General Monte Carlo Talk - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Click above link & then look for
and click & enter your title & infor >Good Luck<