New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hey Everybody!

Old 12-04-2013, 05:06 PM
1 Year Member
Default Hey Everybody!

Just wanted to say first off that you guys have helped me through a lot of problems I have had with my monte's; I always seem to find help and answers on this site before I actually decided to sign up for my own account!

My name's Steve I'm from Long Island and I've been the proud owner of a Monte Carlo for 2 years now (since I first got my license). Yeah I know I'm only 18 but me and my friends show a great interest in the cars we drive and are always competing with each other on who has the best car (Monte wins hands down ).

My first car was a Blue 3.8L 2003 Monte Carlo ss and that car was literally like my baby. I did a few things to it but not munch; mostly just the typical teenager thing. Plasti dip'd black rims (don't do it trust me it looks horrible) then of course my blue led under glow and interior glow because I like to show off and attract attention. The police in my neighborhood usually just stopped me and complimented the lights and the shape of the car. Until one day a woman was texting while driving... Ran a stop sign... And absolutely t-boned my monte, absolutely destroying the right passenger side and totaled my monte. But my insurance company gave me enough money to purchase a newer White Monte Carlo LTZ, I love the car to death but it just feels like I'm missing something without the big SS on the side.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Steve:
Thanks for joining the Forum and Welcome!

Its good to hear we were hear to help! Sorry to hear about your other Monte getting wrecked...But glad to hear your physically ok and were able to purchase another Monte Carlo! Thanks for Joining the MCF Family. We look forward to you posting some pics! along with any future Mods!

Come join the conversation in the daily Blog...Stop by and say hello!
Let us know how your days going.

Thanks for being a part of the Best Forum on the Planet!

Old 12-04-2013, 06:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum!!

Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad you're safe and got back into another Monte!!

Old 12-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Welcome to the Forum..

Old 12-04-2013, 07:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Welcome!

Old 12-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Welcome!
Sorry about your accident man. Were you able to pull the after market parts from yoir car? Atleasst what survived? Glad you are ok and got another monte. Welcome to the forum.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:31 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
Sorry about your accident man. Were you able to pull the after market parts from yoir car? Atleasst what survived? Glad you are ok and got another monte. Welcome to the forum.
Yeah I took a few parts off of it; I took all the emblems off the car (apparently Geico doesn't notice a few "missing" emblems) and I took the stock 2006 monte carlo ltz emblems and the bowtie off the back and sides replacing them with the 2003 monte carlo and bowtie on the sides and the back of my car, it gives it a much sleeker look to the car in my opinion. And I just had to take back my led lights. That's was basically how people could tell it was me at night. And I finally found a 2006/2007 vertical spoiler for my car after a month of looking everywhere!

And thanks everyone! its great to know that there is a lot of people out there who love montes!

Old 12-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member

Welcome Steve!
Don't worry about your age. The members here cover the full human driving age spectrum. Although I myself am just over Half a Century old, I'm just a big kid who doesn't want to grow up. I'm too old for Toys-R-Us though, So my Monte is my Toy, My Baby! You are in good company!

Old 12-04-2013, 10:06 PM
1 Year Member

Thanks JC! Means a lot coming from all of you guys, its great to be a part of this!

Old 12-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Monte of the Month -- December 2013

Welcome to the Monte Carlo Forum, Steve!
Long Island, huh? We have a few member's from the NY area as part of the New York Monte Carlo Club, or somethin' like that...

I'm also just a youngin', currently only 17 years young & the MCF Community have just elected me December 2013 Monte of the Month! So we teens do have a little pull on the forum!
And yes, I've had my PlastiDip and LED fantasies! ...Ah, who am I kidding. I STILL DO!! I don't know what you mean by "looks horrible", I've gotten a lot of compliments on my rims & SS stripes!

Last edited by Monroe; 12-13-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hey Everybody!