New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 09:31 AM
Default Help!

I have an '01 Monte Carlo SS. Having trouble with the cruise control, vent blower, and driver info center display. Either none of it is working when I start the car or it will all work and will quit while driving. Any ideas, other than fuses or relays? I really need some help. Thank you in advance.
Lori

Old 06-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Default short circuit

sounds like a short in electrical system...or dash area....i would take it to gm have theem run a diagnostics on it....do you have nay trouble codes????
some of the montes had problems with dash board circuits also.....hope this helps......find a good ase certified gm mechanic......he can help .......

Old 06-30-2011, 06:08 PM

Not flashing any codes. I really want to trouble shoot this myself. If I absolutely have to, I'll take it to a mechanic.
Thank you for the help.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:03 PM

i am having the same problem on my 00 monte and i checked the fuses. they are all good how ever the a/c/cruise, the rear and mirror heaters arnt getting power at all. i took my dash completely apart and there are no lose wires or grounds. did u ever find out what was wrong with urs?. ive narrowed it down to either the bcm pcm or ecm

Old 07-12-2011, 06:08 PM

9 times out of 10, electrical problems with these cars are fault of the BCM (it controls just about anything electrical). Your BCM may be on the way out.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:43 PM

ok thank you thats what im going to try. did you change it out on your car?

Old 07-13-2011, 01:17 AM

also it could possibly be the ignition switch

Old 07-13-2011, 08:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Between my friend, my dad and myself, we found that the '06 Impala rear defroster issue was a fault in the fuse box. If you hold and rock the defroster relay a certain way, it magically began to work as it should. We removed the fuse block (which this one was under the hood) and dis-assembled it. All that was wrong was the little fork for the blades of the relay to plug into had seperated (preventing proper contact). Tightened them back together, re-assembled, everything was fine.

Since the problem is intermittent (like something is loose), it might be worth having someone wiggle the fuses/relays related to those functions and see if one of them magically stops/starts as a result (the vent blower and DIC are the only two of your three problems this test would work for).

Old 07-13-2011, 08:21 AM

We think we narrowed it down to the ignition switch on my car. Going to change that out and see. (I'm crossing my fingers!)

Old 07-14-2011, 02:14 AM

I have a spare Monte so im going to go to chevy tomorrow and have it programed for my car and see if that fixes it ill keep you posted let me know if the ignition switch fixes it

Quick Reply: Help!