New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Default Help!

Hi everyone.Im new to the forum,and im restricted from doing a number of things.I cant contact anyone directly,nor post a new thread other than here. Heres the thing...i have a 2006 ss,thats in mint condition,only 28k miles.I was looking on some of the posts and seen some people talking about a flaw with the ls4.Something about oil consumption,and a deflector of sorts? I need someone to help me out to direct me in the right place to go.Is there some sort of recall or something. I just want to nip whatever it is in the bud asap.I would appreciate it if someone could get back to me as far as what i should be aware of and/or what steps to take. I would be most appreciative.....Thanks!

Old 05-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

After i think like 5 days and 10 posts or something like that you will get more rights on the board, being able to view more of the forum and post pictures and stuff like that.

For the LS4 they are known to consume oil more than usual. It usually happens within some part of the life of the engine, do you have an extended warranty at all or existing warranty? There is talk that there may be a recall coming from GM soon. In order to get that warranty or recall if your warranty is running out is to take the car into the dealership and it must fail the test, which means there will be record of you bringing the car in before the warranty ended, making you applicable to get the recall work done.

Hope this makes sense, if I were you I would just let it be for now if nothing is wrong, because there's nothing they can or will do now, but I would look into getting the extended warranty just in case the problem does start.