New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Help!!! [I'm new.. Hah]

Old 02-22-2008, 09:23 AM
Default Help!!! [I'm new.. Hah]

Hi, my name is victoria & I have a 1995 monte carlo. well, it's pretty much kicking the bucket on me, but it's the only vehicle I have. Soo.. I've been looking around for prices on coolant lines. I brought it in to see what was wrong with it & they told me it was the coolant line (anti freeze is leaking, no heat coming through, no defrost, radiater always running hot at 260). They priced me at about 45$ plus a new starter. The car is in excellent shape & I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about the car or maybe even putting up for sale. Let me know! I really would appreciate the help!!

Old 02-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Default RE: Help!!! [I'm new.. Hah]

[align=center]Hi Victoria, & Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]From your post it sounds like you have already got prices on parts for[/align][align=center]your Monte Carlo. How many miles are on your Monte ?[/align][align=center]Explore the forum, and check out Reviews on Monte Carlo's in the [/align][align=center]MCF Most Active Topic's, and also use the MCF Search Engine[/align][align=center]for subjects that you are interested in.[/align][align=center]If you are not mechanically inclined, I would search out a good[/align][align=center]certified mechanic in your area.[/align][align=center]Good Luck Victoria.[/align][align=center]Post some pictures of your Monte Carlo if you can.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 02-22-2008, 09:44 AM

Hi,
Yes, I do have some prices on it, & yes I am mechanically inclined. haha. There's about 160,000 on it. Do you know of any recalls on these cars? I found one & it was for the fuel system. I don't know if that includes something like my problem, but I just don't get it. There has been so many things going bad with this car. It's one thing after another. I keep the car in good shape, I take very good care of it, & it's still a pile. Where I live, there aren't too manymechanics that I know if I can trust. I mean, me being a high school female student, they would probably try & rip me off. If you could give me any additional help or advice that would be great. I'll have photos up soon.

Old 02-23-2008, 05:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hello Victoria from da U.P. from a troll (for you NON Michiganders, that's one from under the (Macinaw) bridge) and welcome to the MCF family. We will ALWAYS try our best to answer your questions to the best of our ability, AND politely. The top of this page has a link to recalls, and any GM dealer can run your VIN to see if the recalls have been done. If the car is in overall great shape, and you like her, then KEEP her! The nickel and dimes add up, but if you CAN do some of the repairs yourself, or with some friends help, and a Haynes manual, do it!

Old 02-23-2008, 07:10 PM

welcome to mcf! its always nice to when u go somewhere and they try to rip u off just cause ur a "kid" gotta love ppl

Old 02-23-2008, 07:42 PM

welcome to the forums! see what you can do to drop us some pictures and possibly what they were thinking of replacing for the $45 and we'll see what we can help ya with so you can do it yourself!

Old 02-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Victoria!

Welcome to the site.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:16 AM

Welcome to the forum, Victoria. Pics are always appreciated and welcome. You,ve come to the right place to get help with your car.