New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello hELLO

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 11:20 PM
Default RE: Hello hELLO

The tire pressure monitor has always been bad. Years before the rims. But I appreciated the input.
In that case I would look into the hub speed sensors. Does your car have traction control? I have heard of it causing problems with that as well. The first things I would check would be all the sensors. Make sure they're free of any magnetic filaments, as these sensors usually rely on magnetic coils, or actual magnets to do their sensing, which can attract magnetic filings from normal wear, etc. The transmission sensor should be looked at as well. I don't know how much replacements would cost, but if they're inexpensive then it might be a worthy maintenance issue to get rid of a frustrating message.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:38 AM
Default RE: Hello hELLO

Hello, looking forward to gain some of that knowledge from you. I just bought a 03 SS in really good condition about two weeks ago with 57,000 miles on it. It rides like new and I want to keep it that way but I'm looking to put 20's on it in the spring. I've had over 20 cars and customized most of them but if you owned yours since 2000, you have have a wealth of knowledge my friend. I'll bug you later..LOL!

03 Sleeper SS.