New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello all, new CSC Monte here

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 12:46 AM
Default RE: Hello all, new CSC Monte here

ORIGINAL: 03SSdriver

Welcome to the board!.. I like the rims.[8D]

MonteLS.. i'm stock too, and staying stock because of the extended warranty i got with the car.

I put my blower on the day my warrantee expired, lol.

Old 09-28-2005, 01:16 AM

ORIGINAL: 03SSdriver
MonteLS.. i'm stock too, and staying stock because of the extended warranty i got with the car.
Sweet! I'm not the only one.

Speaking of extended warranty, my finance company offered an extended warranty to me, 4yrs/48k mi. for $1800.00

Good deal?

Old 09-28-2005, 10:08 AM

Yeah, I have spent a good deal of blood, sweat, tears, and cash on it, but it's worth it. As far as doing yours up, you bet! You buy the parts and I will put them on for you!
What did that blower set up run you $$$$.. Any idea of the HP gains??

Speaking of extended warranty, my finance company offered an extended warranty to me, 4yrs/48k mi. for $1800.00

Good deal?
I am not a fan of extended warranties only because in most cases the odds are in the finance/warranty companies favor that you will not use the dollars invested. Additionally, $1800 is half way to a blower.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:00 PM

ORIGINAL: montejass
I bought the CSC setup used on ClubGP 2 years ago and have since added the intercooler (also used)...I have around $3500-$4000 into the CSC setup alone. I run a 3.4" pulley for daily driving, and with all my other mods, should have easily around 350 fwhp. The Stattama Monte put down near 400 fwhp with a mod or two more than I have, so I feel that should be a close estimate. Not bad for a car that started off with 160 fwhp stock.

Old 09-29-2005, 09:49 AM

ORIGINAL: 2KCSCSS

I bought the CSC setup used on ClubGP 2 years ago and have since added the intercooler (also used)...I have around $3500-$4000 into the CSC setup alone. I run a 3.4" pulley for daily driving, and with all my other mods, should have easily around 350 fwhp. The Stattama Monte put down near 400 fwhp with a mod or two more than I have, so I feel that should be a close estimate. Not bad for a car that started off with 160 fwhp stock.
What if anything would you have done differently? Also, is that an aftermarket valve cover I see in your pics??

Old 09-29-2005, 03:54 PM

What if anything would you have done differently? Also, is that an aftermarket valve cover I see in your pics??
If I were starting out fresh today, I would probably go for the Stattama turbo. You get much more power out of a turbo without having to dig into engine internals (ie heads, cam) to get additional power. I do love my CSC though, it has more power than I will ever need, it's easier on my tranny than any other power adder (nitrous, roots, twin screw, turbo) due to a more gradual powerband and lower amounts of torque, and it sounds mean as hell! I have no regrets going CSC.

My valvecovers are stockers with billet aluminum inserts over the grooves that I bought from signsbydrex.com. They add a nice touch, as the paint I had on another set kept fading and peeling; I went this route to be different and not have to hastle with paint again.

Keep the questions coming.