Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Engine Build: CSC (Paxton Supercharger) Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 10:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default CSC (Paxton Supercharger) Build Thread

Well I started to try to get the CSC on the Monte, but ran into a few issues. So I'm still without boost, and I left the car up in the Poconos for now, while I try to remedy the problems that I ran into.

The day started pretty well, tore apart the pieces that needed to go. Got the intake off, TB off, plugged what needed to be plugged, got the motor mounts off (that was a pain), removed some cylinder head studs, relocated my coil packs, and got the drive pulley system installed.

However, the oil feed into the CSC doesn't seem to want to go in correctly. The return line connector was the wrong size to go into the oil pan. My fans are too big apparently, so I either need to see if I can dremel out some of the excess plastic, or buy smaller fans. I also need to get a cog on the supercharger, because apparently I didn't have it, when I thought I did. So I had nothing to attach the belt to.

Bought a PCM tray and drilled a couple holes to mount it:

Name:  IMG_00000145_zps912efcae.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  59.4 KB

TB removed:

Name:  IMG_00000146_zps98acac7c.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  72.1 KB

Pulley drive system completely in place, took the spot of my top motor mounts:

Name:  IMG_00000152_zps347ed11e.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  86.4 KB

Name:  IMG_00000153_zpscbb4b757.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  95.1 KB

Need to get the new oil return hook-up. This brass fitting was way too large for the 1/2" hose that I was supplied.

Name:  IMG_00000160_zpsdef473b4.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  63.7 KB

Need to get the actual cog for the supercharger:

Name:  IMG_00000156_zpsd10af453.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  56.5 KB

This fitting isn't going into the oil feed side of the CSC:

Name:  IMG_00000155_zpscb7cc14f.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  52.8 KB

I need to bend the bracket that this connector is on, so the new belt routing can go there:

Name:  IMG_00000148_zps0bf26be3.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  69.6 KB

Extra parts that I still need to add. The new intake hose, I need to drill into for the IAT sensor. Going to size up the hole in the K&N intake hose, and steal that grommet so I can put the IAT in the same place. Air filter and CSC belt.

Name:  IMG_00000161_zps80a92e17.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  60.1 KB

I'm hoping that I can talk to Stattama and figure out what I need to do from here and get it done ASAP. Really want this car running the CSC before the GM Nats

Old 05-20-2013, 11:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Man, just read this and your email. It sucks that you weren't able toget everything buttoned up, but at least you are almost there. I think the biggest issue for you will be the radiator fans. My Monte didn't have any issue with them, but being that yours is a 2nd gen w-body it looks like there are a few differences. Oil lines will be easy once you get the parts you need.

Also, did you get the cog pulley from Stattama before? I was able to sell you the 1000 with it because I needed it for my 2000 unfortunately.

The one thing that I didn't read in this is what you are planning to do for a tune. Do you have a programmer or a local that can tune your PCM for you?

I can't wait to see what you think of this once everything is hooked up. It's going to be a new car to you all over again. And leave room in your budget for new tires, lol.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:32 AM

15 Year Member

I got the belt, but I didn't get the cog from Stattama. I think there was a disconnect in the original emails. I think Matt just thought that I had everything needed on the supercharger side from you. I sent him an email with all of the pictures and what I still needed. I'm hoping he can pull through for me.

I'm going to see how bad it runs on my current tune, I don't have a stock tune right now, and Stattama claims on the "stage 1" kit, you don't need a tune. If I have a lot of KR, I'm buying HPTuners Pro before I drive it home. If I have no KR, I'll just take it easy until I have the tuning software.

Do you have any idea why I can't thread the oil feed tube into the top of the supercharger? It was the piece that you had plugged up, I was taking the plastic plug out and the whole thing just pulled out and won't screw back in.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Wow Mike...Thats all I can say...cause I dont know squat about the mod your doing... But, Looks like you certainly know what it takes! And certainly know what your doing.

I hope you get it finished soon. and it works out the way you need it to be.

Thanks for shareing the pics !!!

Old 05-20-2013, 12:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member

Ah, I see what you mean about the cog pulley. As far as the oil feed is concerned, is it the piece that fits into the CSC itself? If it is, I'll look at mine when I get home from work tonight. I've heard that fans from LS4 Montes are slimmer and that might be an option for you.

Also, what size injectors are you running? If you're using anything larger then stock, you will need a tune. I'm thinking that you might end up needing at least some L67 injectors.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:25 PM

15 Year Member

It's the oil line that goes directly into the CSC. It's a brass fitting with a straw-like end. Won't thread at all on the CSC.

I'm running stock injectors, I figure I can run them for a little bit and then go larger later

Old 05-20-2013, 07:10 PM

This is awesome! almost makes me sad that im doing a boring topswap.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks like a nice set-up , Sorry you could not get it together..
But I know you will get it done..
What PCM tray did you use?

Old 05-20-2013, 09:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

awesome setup, nice to see some in progress pics! i hope you get her done soon and make it to GM nationals!!

Old 05-21-2013, 09:50 AM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
awesome setup, nice to see some in progress pics! i hope you get her done soon and make it to GM nationals!!
haha, I'm hoping the same thing!

Originally Posted by zjerry
Looks like a nice set-up , Sorry you could not get it together..
But I know you will get it done..
What PCM tray did you use?
I bought it from ZSpot on NAIOA.com. I think it's a part from a Blazer I ordered it back last August, so I don't remember the part number. Sorry!

Originally Posted by z34phoenix
This is awesome! almost makes me sad that im doing a boring topswap.
Don't feel too bad. This thing is almost too custom and rare that it is hard to even find help on my problems

Quick Reply: Engine Build: CSC (Paxton Supercharger) Build Thread