New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 06:03 PM
Default Hello!

Finally found a MC place that has some substance!
I'm a 47 y.o. grandfather now on MC #5. It all started with a 77 Landau that came with my wife, a red beauty with swivel buckets (the car, not the wfe), then a blue version of the same with a bench... sorry we ever let these cars get away... then it was on to an 87 LS bronze beauty that only was kept around for 1 year. Just wasn't the same as the old 77's. But the wife persisted and in 2000 we opted for a sparkling new SS.... and we couldn't be happier. My daughter ended up getting the bug and picked up a 99 LS... and lo and behold, my son (now 17) decided he would toss all he owned to get his hands on his all-time favorite... and 86 SS T-top. That's what leads me here... it isn't perfect, it was somewhat abused by previous owners but they managed not to twist the body at all, and even though it lived it's whole life in NE Pennsylvania, it's not rusting. So I let him toss his 90 1/2 ton Chevy P/U and his overpowered 250 dirt bike as a trade for the Monte. He's smiling ear to ear. They previous owner rear-ended a car and mushed the pass. nose corner and fender. I got a real nice fender in the trade, but the nose is squished and I would like to replace it along with the headlight bucket. Otherwise my wife and two kids have their own lil Monte parade whenever the mood moves them. (I don't have a MC, but I do have my 51 Chevy Stepside from my teenage years (I was an original Sport Trucker before it was cool).)
So I say hello to all, can't wait to wade through the site! Keep me in mind for available parts!

Brian

Old 10-28-2006, 04:36 AM
Default RE: Hello!

Welcome to MCF Brian. While "wading" through the site I think you will find a wealth of knowledge amongst our members, and some pretty interesting stuff in our posts. Rue the day that you meet SpaceRider....our most interesting member yet. Hey.... just ribbing you Space, you know we love ya. Welcome again Brian and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Old 10-30-2006, 12:38 AM

So I let him toss his 90 1/2 ton Chevy P/U
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Say it ain't so!!!!! I dearly miss my '90 Z71. But...I love my Monte. Welcome, Brian...to the Official Unofficial Monte Carlo Forum (thanks for the minute, SoCal {inside joke}). We are a dedicated *****-Free Zone, so feel free to browse the fields of threads, share your love and knowledge, and prepare for lots of "ribbing" because if we didn't like ya, we wouldn't pick on ya.

Welcome to the family.

P.S. Beware the SpaceRider. [8D] He is the posting definition of "things that make you go Hmmm..." Much love, Space.

Old 10-30-2006, 02:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Bigg J

Welcome, Brian...to the Official Unofficial Monte Carlo Forum (thanks for the minute, SoCal {inside joke}).
Hey.... I do what I can J.