New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

First Time On Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 12:05 PM
Default First Time On Forum

Hey everyone! Its nice to see more people love montes as much as I do. My baby is a 1999 Monte Carlo Z34 fully loaded with black leather. Only option not selected on this car was OnStar. Has a rare ORIGINAL jade green metallic paint scheme not many montes have. Bought her 4 years ago with only 70,000 miles. Just got back from a 5 hour trip and she tipped over 108,000 miles. Barley even broke in lol. This car is special to me for a very important reason; not only was it my first car, but it was the last thing me and my dad bought together before he passed away 2 short months later from cancer. Its our car and I will never let it go from my possession. I was in college and my first week I was rear ended when I was at a dead stop, the girl (funny enough from my school) hit me doing 50 mph because she was facebook with her phone. The car was rendered totaled but with some help from family and 6 long night months, she was brought back to life with a little extra firepower under the hood. She can now smoke brand new mustang gt's up until about 110 then the power peaks out and acceleration slows down but still impressive for a front wheel drive car. Shes my daily driver and my weekend warrior rolled into one amazing machine. I know some people hate the way the late 90's montes look because they looked too much like a lumina but I love them. The beast living beneath the hood is a supercharged, chipped, 3.8 liter v6 with an upgraded billet automatic transmission. Dinoed 296 hp with 280 ftlb torque. Not the fastest thing in the world but perfect for a everyday go getter. This car is amazing, anyone who has one knows these cars are reliable, comfortable, roomy, and all around just a fun machine. This is my story of my monte that brought a father and son together before his final days were over. A car that didn't just became a piece of metal to get around in, but part of a family. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I did sharing my story, have a wonderful day/night. UPDATE: I have no idea how to add pictures on here like what everyone else has but pictures are uploaded in my garage if anyone is interested

Last edited by MonteownerloverZ34; 05-21-2014 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Trying to add pictures
Old 05-20-2014, 12:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome!
Very nice story and glad to hear you are enjoying the Monte that much!

Old 05-20-2014, 12:09 PM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum. Great story about your monte. Glad to see you were able to get it fixed and back to normal after a girl on her phone hit you. I like the 5th gen montes too, I used to have a lumina and loved that car. Post some pictures of your monte too.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Welcome to the forum!

Old 05-20-2014, 12:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hello, nice to find another person that loves 5th gens

Old 05-20-2014, 12:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MonteownerloverZ34
Hey everyone! Its nice to see more people love montes as much as I do. My baby is a 1999 Monte Carlo Z34 fully loaded with black leather. Only option not selected on this car was OnStar. Has a rare ORIGINAL jade green metallic paint scheme not many montes have. Bought her 4 years ago with only 70,000 miles. Just got back from a 5 hour trip and she tipped over 108,000 miles. Barley even broke in lol. This car is special to me for a very important reason; not only was it my first car, but it was the last thing me and my dad bought together before he passed away 2 short months later from cancer. Its our car and I will never let it go from my possession. I was in college and my first week I was rear ended when I was at a dead stop, the girl (funny enough from my school) hit me doing 50 mph because she was facebook with her phone. The car was rendered totaled but with some help from family and 6 long night months, she was brought back to life with a little extra firepower under the hood. She can now smoke brand new mustang gt's up until about 110 then the power peaks out and acceleration slows down but still impressive for a front wheel drive car. Shes my daily driver and my weekend warrior rolled into one amazing machine. I know some people hate the way the late 90's montes look because they looked too much like a lumina but I love them. The beast living beneath the hood is a supercharged, chipped, 3.8 liter v6 with an upgraded billet automatic transmission. Dinoed 296 hp with 280 ftlb torque. Not the fastest thing in the world but perfect for a everyday go getter. This car is amazing, anyone who has one knows these cars are reliable, comfortable, roomy, and all around just a fun machine. This is my story of my monte that brought a father and son together before his final days were over. A car that didn't just became a piece of metal to get around in, but part of a family. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I did sharing my story, have a wonderful day/night.

Great Story.. Sorry about your dad.. (My condolences)..
I too am I999 Z-34 Owner.. Triple black full leather/fully loaded owned/special ordered from the factory .in 1997 received delivery of it in 1998.. and have put every single mile on it! absolutely love my N/A 3800 series II ... (On star wasn't available then) lol..

Not quite sure what the color is you described.. however when your able...
Post some pics! Thanks for joining the MCF Family! !

Old 05-20-2014, 01:31 PM

Sounds like a great car! I'd like to see some pics. Welcome to the forum.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

Welcome to mcf!!

Old 05-20-2014, 07:38 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member