New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

First International member? From Bulgaria :-)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by nascar43
Welcome to the family......Nice MC !
your 2 cars would look nice together, i wonder how close the paint color is.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Default scenery....car color

That particular color looks to have more brown than mine.
I think I remember that color when it came out. It's a very nice color for the MC.
Those are some beautiful scenes from that part of the world.

..........KidSpace ?

Last edited by nascar43; 09-02-2010 at 07:18 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:06 AM
10 Year Member

Hi KidSpace,
I am not insulted at all it was fun for me
I just wanted you to know the difference

I ski when I have time and money we are relatively poor country but skiing cost as much as in Western Europe

Hi trewyn15 and nascar43,
The color is bordeau but it is not the original paint, may be darker.
I will respray it after bodywork is done.

Hi MillerMonteSS,
Actually, it is in really good shape , when I was buying it I did not pay much attention, but then it turned out to be complete with some minor problems beside normal ware and age.
For now, I will try to keep it in original condition.
May be some engine mods but not much who knows...
Also, I think about installing airbags in the near future

довиждане

Old 09-02-2010, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by rack
Hi KidSpace,
I am not insulted at all it was fun for me
I just wanted you to know the difference

I ski when I have time and money we are relatively poor country but skiing cost as much as in Western Europe

Hi Ivo,
It's great to see you back & thanks for your words & understanding at my attempt to translate my welcome into your language...I am constantly learning the cultures & words from around our World.

You are very versed at writing in English...Did you learn in school, or on your own ? You posted that your country is relatively poor, and the USA and many countries are suffering due to our Worlds Economic Problems...The USA like many countries are suffering.

What type of work do you do ? I work in a warehouse that supplies vessels in the Atlantic & Gulf Coast... I dream of travelling the World, but first I would love to explore the USA.
(I have not been to any other state, but Florida)

Your Monte Carlo must really stand `out in your country & I bet that you gets a lot of questions about it..

It's great to have international friends, & learn about them & their country....Thanks for joining our forum and we will look forward to your future words & pictures...

Wish you a Happy/Safe/Fun `Life,
довиждане from Kid `Space

Old 09-02-2010, 08:11 PM

Welcome to the site.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:07 PM

nice pics of your country!

Old 10-03-2010, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Hi Ivo,
It's great to see you back & thanks for your words & understanding at my attempt to translate my welcome into your language...I am constantly learning the cultures & words from around our World.

You are very versed at writing in English...Did you learn in school, or on your own ? You posted that your country is relatively poor, and the USA and many countries are suffering due to our Worlds Economic Problems...The USA like many countries are suffering.

What type of work do you do ? I work in a warehouse that supplies vessels in the Atlantic & Gulf Coast... I dream of travelling the World, but first I would love to explore the USA.
(I have not been to any other state, but Florida)

Your Monte Carlo must really stand `out in your country & I bet that you gets a lot of questions about it..

It's great to have international friends, & learn about them & their country....Thanks for joining our forum and we will look forward to your future words & pictures...

Wish you a Happy/Safe/Fun `Life,
довиждане from Kid `Space
Hi guys, hi Kid Space,

I sorry for being away for so long. I was busy with my business and other staff

I am back and see interesting things going on even new member from Russia Здраствуй друг, как дела?

KidSpace, I learned English first at school, then private lessons, then I studied 2 years Economics in English abroad. And now I am reading a lot technical papers in English.
About my work... I have small business, I am dealing with network staff, Internet, e-mail servers etc. I am earning something like good salary according to our standards with pros and cons running business by yourself.

The car really attracts a lot attention
It is very big compare to other cars on the streets here
The only negative aspect is fuel consumption , I am getting 15L/100km on intercity driving and over 18L/100km in city which is a lot to our standard, 1L cost some $1,48

Right now I am changing all suspension bushings, ball joints and shocks. Actually I would need some help on it.
I do not know how to change the rear axle bushings I need to drive the old one out and then install new one there with axle on the car. Does anyone of you has done it and what tools you used?
Here is a pic of bushing I need to work on.
Thank you very much for the help

довиждане

Attached Thumbnails First International member? From Bulgaria :-)-2.jpg  
Old 10-03-2010, 01:06 PM

...Hi Ivo,
Thanks for your post & updates about you & your Monte Carlo.
Right now I am changing all suspension bushings, ball joints and shocks. Actually I would need some help on it.
I do not know how to change the rear axle bushings I need to drive the old one out and then install new one there with axle on the car. Does anyone of you has done it and what tools you used?
Here is a pic of bushing I need to work on.
Thank you very much for the help
Sorry, I don't have the tech knowledge to help, but I hope that one of our Expert Knowledgeable Member's will read your request & assist in what is needed for you to complete your work....Do you have a Motor Manual on your 78 Monte Carlo ? I find them very helpful when working on any car...
Below is a example for Monte Carlo's

Buick Century, Regal, Chevy Lumina, Monte Carlo, Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, Intrigue, Pontiac Grand Prix Chilton Manual (1997-2000)

$17.95
Chilton Total Car Care Manuals
Get complete maintenance, service and repair information with Chilton Total Car Care Manuals. All repair procedures are supported by detailed specifications ...
chilton.cengage.com/totalcare.aspx - Cached - Similar
Total Car Care is the most complete, step-by-step automotive repair manual you'll ever use. All repair procedures are supported by detailed specifications, exploded views, and photographs. From the simplest repair procedure to the most complex, trust Chilton's Total Car Care to give you everything you need to do the job. Save time and money by doing it yourself, with the confidence only a Chilton Repair Manual can provide. Features: Expanded index to quickly locate information Wiring diagrams
Brand: Chilton

довиждане

Last edited by Space; 10-03-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member

Hi KidSpace,
I have Chilton's and Haynes manuals but there is nothing about this bushings
The problem is that they are on the car which makes the job very hard.
I think it would be done with the tool on the picture but I am not sure

Attached Thumbnails First International member? From Bulgaria :-)-thumb_117ca_image_1.jpg  
Old 10-03-2010, 01:34 PM

Hi `Ivo,
Below are some links I found on the Subject...I hope that they help, but please check back often to see what our Member's post on your question on changing Ball Joints, etc...

How to Change Ball Joints : How Car Stuff Works

Apr 9, 2006 ... This particular tool will destroy the rubber boot around the ball joint, so make sure you have purchased a replacement. ...
news.carjunky.com/.../how_to_change_ball_joints_ab1444.shtml - Cached - Similar

Lower Ball Joint Replacement How To (lots of Pictures)‎ - Jun 3, 2007
Replacing Lower Ball Joints & Front Brakes‎ - Feb 17, 2007
Help on replacing lower ball joints‎ - Jan 28, 2007
Ball Joint Replacement‎ - Jul 10, 2006

More results from explorerforum.com »

Videos for tools needed to replace ball joints

Tools for Replacing a Ball Joint on Trucks
3 min - Dec 19, 2009
ehow.com

How to Replace a Truck Ball Joint : Tools for ...
3 min - Feb 11, 2008
Uploaded by expertvillage
youtube.com

Tools Needed for CV Joint Replacement
48 sec - Dec 22, 2009
ehow.com

Quick Reply: First International member? From Bulgaria :-)