New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Decals

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 09:38 PM
Default Decals

I an a new proud owner of a Dale Jr. Edition. The person before me took the 8's off the rear quarter panel and I want them back. The only place I seem to be able to find them is through my Chevrolet dealer up here and they want 118.00 for them. I was wondering if anyone knew another place I could locate these decals.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:41 PM

ebay man ebay has everything.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:11 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's more likely that the 8's were never installed. Not all Dale Jr editions got all the decals installed from the factory. The one's that didn't, the factory put them in a cardboard box in the trunk. What the original owner did with them? Who knows.

You may get lucky and find them on ebay. But chances are they won't be the factory originals. But that only matters if you really care about having the factory original 8's. You can also try this site...

GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts

It's actually a dealership that will sell factory original parts at a cheaper rate. You'll have better luck if you know the GM part number, and do a part number search. Maybe see what their price is.

I don't know how much you care about it looking authentic. But I'll include a picture and tell you about the factory 8's.

The factory 8's are domed, not the thin flat vynil you see in autoparts stores for a couple dollars. The factory 8's are not white either. They're actually metallic silver with black outlines. And most importantly, they're directional! The 8's always lean toward the front of the car.

99% of the #8 decals you see lean to the left. Those are on the driver's side. The passenger side leans to the right. So if you do buy the factory ones, you need to buy one of each side. Don't buy two the same.

As for the dealership's price. GM had to pay Teresa Earnhardt (majority owner of Dale Earnhardt Inc.) to use all the logos on your Dale Jr edition. So GM had to raise the price of the decals in order to make money from them.

And one final thing to keep in mind. There were only so many extras of each decal made back in 2004. And when they're gone, they're gone.

Owners of the 2002 Dale Earnhardt Sr Monte and the 2003 Jeff Gordon Monte are now having trouble getting replacement decals. Most of those decals are sold out. I believe the 2004 "Intimidator" badges may be sold out now too. Once the factory replacements are sold out, we're on our own. That's where ebay comes in.

But that's enough of my motor typing for now.

Good luck with your search. Hopefully you get lucky and find them cheaper on the net somewhere!

Attached Thumbnails Decals-dale-jr-8-passenger-side-websize.jpg  
Old 06-26-2011, 03:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Heyy! Welcome to the forum! Good luck finding what you need!