New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

cleaned my 06 monte ss engine

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 01:53 AM
3 Year Member
Default cleaned my 06 monte ss engine

BY engine was dirty so I finally had time to clean it a little bit....here ate some pix

Name:  IMAG0755-20130105-170908_zps1062785f.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  95.1 KB
Name:  IMAG0756-20130105-170813_zps03b05e81.jpg
Views: 2918
Size:  101.2 KB

Old 01-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks Nice..

Old 01-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Excellent!! very nice, good start, clean it again next week and you will see other things you overlooked. and a week later do it again and then your engine bay will glow.. Metal polish, rubber conditioners on the hoses, wire looms, plastic parts. Good job!!

Read where if your engine and car is dirty mechanics tend to think you don't know much or don't care enough and actually are more prone to charge you more for repairs. So your doing good to represent yourself well by keeping your car squared away.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:24 PM
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Excellent!! very nice, good start, clean it again next week and you will see other things you overlooked. and a week later do it again and then your engine bay will glow.. Metal polish, rubber conditioners on the hoses, wire looms, plastic parts. Good job!!

Read where if your engine and car is dirty mechanics tend to think you don't know much or don't care enough and actually are more prone to charge you more for repairs. So your doing good to represent yourself well by keeping your car squared away.
Thank u. Do u think I.should use the degreaser on the engine and then rinse it off with the water hose? I heard people doing that but I don't know wat to cover or wat can't get wet....

Old 01-07-2013, 01:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[QUOTE=dpjr25;518375]Thank u. Do u think I.should use the degreaser on the engine and then rinse it off with the water hose? I heard people doing that but I don't know wat to cover or wat can't get wet....

Hey hi, Your Monte is so new, it's engine components are still very water resistant. It can't hurt to use a good degreaser to give you a good clean base to start from. I pretty much spray the degreaser everywhere, all over except the windshield wiper motor area. I go to the car wash when I do this as the pressure washer really helps remove the grime deep down along side the motor, frame and other nook and crannies. I always leave my motor running when I do this to. I try to do angular spraying most of the time and avoid direct head on blasting with the nozzle unless there is a stubborn spot. Give it a good rinse and your ready to start the next phase.
After this if you stay on top of it, you should never really have to pressure wash it again for a few years. You can spend alot of time on an engine bay initially and after that it is about 30 minutes when ever you get the urge to square it away again. I polish all my metal, use a rubber conditioner and shiner on all the rubber / plastic components. Wax any paint and your feeling okay abnout yourself and show others the pride you have in your Super Monte when you have to pop your hood. Keep on it, it will be a source of pride to you...

Old 01-07-2013, 09:46 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Great job!

Old 01-07-2013, 10:52 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Looks Good

Old 01-08-2013, 02:34 AM
3 Year Member

[QUOTE=ZIPPY02;518417]
Originally Posted by dpjr25
Thank u. Do u think I.should use the degreaser on the engine and then rinse it off with the water hose? I heard people doing that but I don't know wat to cover or wat can't get wet....

Hey hi, Your Monte is so new, it's engine components are still very water resistant. It can't hurt to use a good degreaser to give you a good clean base to start from. I pretty much spray the degreaser everywhere, all over except the windshield wiper motor area. I go to the car wash when I do this as the pressure washer really helps remove the grime deep down along side the motor, frame and other nook and crannies. I always leave my motor running when I do this to. I try to do angular spraying most of the time and avoid direct head on blasting with the nozzle unless there is a stubborn spot. Give it a good rinse and your ready to start the next phase.
After this if you stay on top of it, you should never really have to pressure wash it again for a few years. You can spend alot of time on an engine bay initially and after that it is about 30 minutes when ever you get the urge to square it away again. I polish all my metal, use a rubber conditioner and shiner on all the rubber / plastic components. Wax any paint and your feeling okay abnout yourself and show others the pride you have in your Super Monte when you have to pop your hood. Keep on it, it will be a source of pride to you...
Do u have a video on YouTube? I swear I seem a red mc ss supercharged. sounds beast

Old 01-08-2013, 09:28 AM

Super nice, I've worked on my 06 Monte engine bay and I have to say it's not as vibrant as yours. I've been working on it over and over and now that I'm in Haiti I just want to home and clean it. It's looks great!

Old 01-08-2013, 01:34 PM
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jparks
Super nice, I've worked on my 06 Monte engine bay and I have to say it's not as vibrant as yours. I've been working on it over and over and now that I'm in Haiti I just want to home and clean it. It's looks great!
Thanks man.
I'm still working on it I just touched the top. I like ur monte I always wanted a black one....

Quick Reply: cleaned my 06 monte ss engine