New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Bad Bad Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 10:42 PM
Default Bad Bad Issue

Hey Fellow MC owners

I am having some serious issues, I tuned my car up in November 2012, spark plugs wires IAC valve, Purge Canister, Throttle positioning sensor and put a MAF sensor on it last year for check engine light problems, nothing really solved the issue.

Well come to find out I had a bad FPR for a long time probably 8 months, without knowing that it was bad, the gas would just pour up of the nipple into the vacuum line.

So Saturday 3/16 I change the FPR and the thermostat because the temperature needle was not moving and I could hear the fans whine after I got out of the car.

A couple of things though I did not have to release the pressure to my fuel system and it was like nothing was there (pressure), so ooh well I thought let me putting it on, i was expecting the system to release the pressure and gas spraying everywhere.

Everything seemed fine after I put those parts in but two hours after letting the car sit, I went to start it up and alot of white smoke was coming from the exhaust, it was running rough so I pulled over and it cut off, it started back up after about 5 minutes then I drove it home. The next morning after letting it sit over night went to start it up and the same thing white smoke.

So I let it sit again after topping the coolant level off, then went to start it and it will not even start up (turn over) but cranks. I took the fuel regulator off again and still there was no pressure, I can hear the fuel pump make it noise, but I think I may have two problems.

First the white smoke, I have a 2001 Chevy Monte Carlo 3.8l with 90,000 miles what could cause this.

And second could anyone give me an idea of why my car is not starting, it sounds like it wants to kick over but will not catch, like it is being blocked.

Pleas help

Will