New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

97 ls 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 08:23 PM
Default 97 ls 3.1

Hello, my name is Wes. I just joined the forum. I just purchased a 97 monte carlo a few months ago. I have had to replace wheel bearings,ball joints, cv axles, rotors,calipers and brakes. Now....my cooling fans are not operating. Checked all fuses and relays. Replaced temp sensor. Fans work when temp sensor is unplugged, but no dash gauge. Are there any other sensors that controls the fans?

Old 04-28-2017, 08:32 PM
Default 97 ls 3.1

Hello, my name is Wes. I just joined the forum. I just purchased a 97 monte carlo a few months ago. I'm 32 and just became a father. Love to go bass fishing and playing some Xbox live other than being a hard working father. I have tons of hobbies, just no time to partake. Always have been a carlo fan.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Okay, I have had 2 of these a 96 Monte and the current 99 that I drive on occasion. The cooling fans will run when they need to not all the time, at least that's what they did on my cars.
Now I have an 06 Suv and they kick in when it gets hot.
Make sure your cooling system functions properly.
Hoses are good and you might want to do a radiator flush, new thermostat and depending on the condition of the water pump it may need a new one.
You may want to do a pressure test on the system when your sure everything is good to go.
You can search videos on youtube to find a lot of repair videos for these repairs.