New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

26 year old 04 SS owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 08:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Burnt copper SS
Well got the front and sides painted today ran out of paint to do the rear gotta get some more today and finish the rear tomorrow I thank it turned out good so far.

Zippy I watch some videos of your SS today and you have a killer Monte Carlo I absolutely love the way it sounds great job on it
To much shadow in the photo so it makes it difficult to see what you have done.
you might want to get some Razzi style ground effects that would give a tougher stance

Old 08-15-2017, 08:29 PM

I plan on getting razzi style ground RX later on I’m on a tight budget rite now after all the work I done. To my wife’s 03 gmc z71 ext can we just ordered a 6 inch lift for it and 33 12.50 17 for it last month her lift cost me 1300 alone so between her lift kit and taking care of the family I don’t have much to spend on it write now

But here’s a list of everything I plan on doing to the SS

Razzi ground effects
2.5 inch exhaust
1.5 inch lowering springs
Magnaflow mufflers
3800 performance turbo kit
3800 performance thrasher transmission
Forged pistons
H-beam rods
Port and polish heads
Custom tune
04 intimidator rims custom painted in copper
Balance and blue print the motor

There’s more I want to do but that’s the stuff that I could thank of off the top of my head and it’s gonna take awhile to do It all but in March I’ll have about 5 grand to spend on her all at once right now I’m just doing the small little things to make her unique and look good hopefully by next summer she will be finished

Old 08-16-2017, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Burnt copper SS
I plan on getting razzi style ground RX later on I’m on a tight budget rite now after all the work I done. To my wife’s 03 gmc z71 ext can we just ordered a 6 inch lift for it and 33 12.50 17 for it last month her lift cost me 1300 alone so between her lift kit and taking care of the family I don’t have much to spend on it write now

But here’s a list of everything I plan on doing to the SS

Razzi ground effects
2.5 inch exhaust
1.5 inch lowering springs
Magnaflow mufflers
3800 performance turbo kit
3800 performance thrasher transmission
Forged pistons
H-beam rods
Port and polish heads
Custom tune
04 intimidator rims custom painted in copper
Balance and blue print the motor

There’s more I want to do but that’s the stuff that I could thank of off the top of my head and it’s gonna take awhile to do It all but in March I’ll have about 5 grand to spend on her all at once right now I’m just doing the small little things to make her unique and look good hopefully by next summer she will be finished

LOL.. If youre already planning things like this, youll NEVER be finished.. Trust me, theres just always something more youll want.. This needs a little upgrade, that needs this, this needs that.. It turns into a drug that you just cant get high enough on anymore..

Old 08-16-2017, 03:37 PM

Yea it seems like my projects never are but that’s a list to be done over the next year on another note I got all the copper painting done today and I think it looks awesome

What do u guys think

Attached Thumbnails 26 year old 04 SS owner-img_0120.jpg   26 year old 04 SS owner-img_0121.jpg  
Old 08-17-2017, 09:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Absolutely beautiful! Looks pretty sic, I like your train of thought, really classy appearance your Monte emanates a rich quality feel. Great job, great composition.

I looked over your list of mods and while it is a good one you can learn from my mistakes. I had my bottom end built out to the tune of a few $K all for naught. Many members here can attest to the stout OEM bottom and say we do not need the billet rods, forged pistons etc. TurboMonte is making crazy power and has been for sometime. He out of all the miles on the various builds is still using his OEM internals down low. I did all the Cryo-treating, coatings, billet this and that and while nothing hs broken on my build, it was money I ultimately could have used elsewhere for the cars build.

Appreciate the comments about my Montes videos, sound etc. I have tried so hard to make it a contender with power / appearance. Nice to get recognition, your awesome, thank so very much!

Will be watching your progression, keep your Monte moving up the ladder...

Old 08-17-2017, 10:30 AM

Thanks zippy
I wanted my Monte to stand out from The other Monte Carlo SS around here .
I put a lot of time just in the wheels I’ll post a pic of what it looked like when I got it she’s far from where I want her to be .
But hopefully by next summer she will be close to where I want her the wife gave me her approval to turbo it at tax time so till then I’m gonna focus on getting the new motor built since mine has 250000 on it I have the replace either the fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator now I only have 39psi of fuel pressure at a idle rite now when I should have 55 I unhooked the vacuum line from the regulator and it ran a lot better so I’m gonna replace the regulator first and see if that’s the problem.

And as far as your car I was raised to pay accomplments where there due and u sir have definitely earned it I can only wish that my Monte is as nice as yours one day I know I’ll never make the kind of power that you do .

Your Monte was the first turbo SS i had seen and it’s what gave me the inspiration to build mine I’ve always loved the 6th gen it just didn’t have enough power in stock forum for me but it will ��

Thanks for all the compliments

Old 08-17-2017, 10:35 AM

That’s what the wheels and car was like when I got it:thumbsdown 😭

Attached Thumbnails 26 year old 04 SS owner-img_0107.jpg   26 year old 04 SS owner-img_0101.jpg  
Old 08-17-2017, 01:55 PM

it's subtle and classy. Nice touch