New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

2004 Monte Carlo LS wont start. dash lights and head lights flicker.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 03:10 PM
Default 2004 Monte Carlo LS wont start. dash lights and head lights flicker.

I have a 2004 Monte Carlo LS. In June my turn signals started to work intermittently and would make a buzzing noise when ever I use them. After a while the blinkers went out permanently and I would only hear a buzzing sound when I tried to use them. Then at the beginning of August my car would only start intermittently and eventually would not start all. After doing research online I found out GM had a major recall on these vehicles for the ignitions, but my car only had a recall for an "unintended key rotation". I replaced the ignition switch myself and got the key recall taken care of at the dealership. After this, the car ran fine and the turn signals were working fine for about 4 days. Then yesterday my blinkers went out 1st again with no buzzing this time. I parked the car and turned it off and tried to turn it on again and nothing. When I turn the key, the head lights and dash lights flickered like crazy even after I took the key out of the ignition for a couple seconds. I thought it may have been the battery so I had a friend jump the car and still nothing. I was told it could be the passlock cylinder, bcm, or a bad starter. I don't want to have pay the dealer if this is an easy fix. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?