New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

2004 Monte Carlo having problems

Old 03-21-2016, 03:21 PM
Default 2004 Monte Carlo having problems

I have an automatic 2004 Monte Carlo. I am not sure what's wrong with it and maybe I can get some answers here. Sometimes from a stop to when I first press on the gas my car seems to hesitate or kick. Or it is fine when I first press on the gas from a stop and it seems to kick when shifting gears but it only seems to do it between the first and second gear and it just does it once. My car does not do this all the time though it seems to be random. I find that sometimes when I am stuck in traffic after work it will do it with the stopping and going. Like I said though it doesn't do this all the time sometimes it drives fine and sometimes it seems to have this problem. I just don't know what could be wrong with it. I'm trying to get an idea of what's wrong with it before I just spend tons of money on an older car. My father doesn't seem to think its the transmission but he is not positive and he is no car expert at all. He rstionalized his thoughts by saying that he doesn't think it's the transmission because it doesn't seem to kick when it's shifting up to each gear. PLEASE help and let me know what you think

Old 03-21-2016, 03:49 PM

Please post more information on your Monte Carlo.

What Model ? 3.4L or 3.8L
How many miles on your Monte ?
How has it been serviced ?
Any codes showing ?
When was the last time it was serviced ? How old are all the filters on your Monte ?

Look forward to your reply...It will help member's help you.
Good Luck

Old 03-21-2016, 08:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

have someone scan the car for codes to see if there is any stored. sounds like a solenoid in the trans could be starting to go.

Search this Thread